Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hey family.
Thats awesome that Ethan is doing so much better! First off I wanna ask before I forget, I need a GPS. I know you dont think I do but I do. Every single Elder here has told me I do. They all get one because we need them to find our ways around in the big cities especially when we go into a new area so if you could get me one with the money in my account and send it to me or something please do it would be a life saver. This week was interesting so far. So we had transfers on Wednesday and as I have already told you I am now in Douglasville in the Sweetwater spanish branch. Things seem really cool here although my first day or two I was sure this way going to be the longest 6 weeks of my life. Elder Perez says hello back and yes he is from Dominican Republic and so yeah I am learning alot of spanish but he speaks so fast that often I have no idea of whats going on. I think I am going to learn spanish very well he because already he has just turned to me after going into someones house and been like ok your teaching and I am like wha.... Yeah its hard because I am still learning and so I feel like I have no idea what to say sometimes. I guess thats with life though, sometimes we dont feel ready or we feel inadequate but the Lord calls us in our weaknesses so that we can because strong. Look at Moses, he wasn't really even able to speak and he was called as a prophet but the Lord made a way possible that allowed him to fufill his calling. So on sunday we had a meeting with the Branch President to tell him about our investigators and whatnot and then Elder Perez was just like oh I have to go and get a investigator so he left with the Elders quorum President and so I was stuck with the Branch President and had to tell him about our investigator pool that I have no idea about anyone cuz I just had got to the area like 3 days previous. Luckily I recognized like 2 or 3 names of the 10 or so that were on the sheet so it wasn't a complete failure, and also luckily the Branch President could speak English. So yeah thats been my first week and at the moment I was super frustrated and just like uhh this is going to be the longest 6 weeks of my life but then I just tried to think positive and the day got better and now I am super excited to be here and hoenstly dont think I am going to want to leave. Isn't it amazing what change attitude can play in your life? If you really think about it anytime we have a trial it feels like the whole world stops and we are going to be in the miserable abyss of sorrow and frustration for an eternity but when we try to think positive and have the attitude that ok by tomorrow I am going to look back and realize how silly this really is its alot easier to push forward. We always need to have a viewpoint from Heavenly Fathers eyes. I have the perfect example. Mom, remember you wanted us to pull out the carrots before I left and I didn't wanna do it by myself and no one really wanted to do it because it would seriosuly take forever (a couple hours) hahah how silly is that. Looking back yeah in the moment I felt like I was in that abyss but now its like ok wow I was silly I couldn't sacrifice 3 or 4 hours if that or even 1 hour everyday? I guess thats one of the greatest things I love about my mission so far is how different our perspective changes, in everything. Cool. Now that I have rambled on for a while I feel the need to change topics. So the funny thing this week was I saw this guy painting his lawn green! haha like literally it was a crew of people like a business and they had this hose that was spraying a nice green liquid on the grass and it actually looked decent! haha I just thought it was one of the funniest things I had ever seen. Other funny story? So I am so grateful for the slavelabour you put us through doing chores and cleaning the bathrooms. I never thought I would actually say that but so far the 2 areas I have been in there has been mold in the showers and like the bathrooms are just disgusting. Like I was grossed out. Some people just live it that stuff! Like they hadn't cleaned the shower in probalby 4 months! I dunno I was just grossed out so we bought this drain cleaner that just is ruthless and we put it in a spray bottle and I went crazy with it in the bathroom! I just sprayed it everywhere and boy did it dissolve all that crap. All I have to say is when I get my own house it is going to be clean. So ya. Thanks for the childlabor mom :).
Love
Elder Anderson
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment