Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What a week! I dont really even know where to begin. Well we had our zone and district meeting last monday after I emailed home and I got my shirts and contacts and so much mail!!! Thanks to everyone!!! It was like Christmas!! Woot! Okay so we decided as a Zone to fast again this week twice this time. Once for our investigators and once for this boy named Josh Pack. He is one of the assistants friends from back home. He broke his neck and really wants to serve a mission but cant so we fasted for his health. Okay so here is the miracles this week. One of the things our district leader wanted us to do this week was we each have a 10 sentabos coin in our shoe the whole week and every time we feel it to think of Christ. I have felt it a lot this week and it has been so cool because I know I have been blessed for keeping my thoughts more on Christ. One thing he told us was that we need to be perfectly obedient and when we choose to pull down the blessings from heaven. We choose...I love that. 

1. Susana. She is a miracle. I think I told you a little bit about her last week. She seriously is incredible. Every time we teach her I feel the spirit so strong. I know God wants her to be baptized so bad. I want her to be baptized so bad!! So we were teaching her about the Holy Ghost and Hna. Gutierrez looked at me and so I knew it was my turn to testify and teach. I really wanted to say what God wanted her to hear and so I just opened my mouth. I testified about the importance of the Holy Ghost in our lives and that without it we cannot have that peace and happiness that we desire etc. It seriously was amazing because spanish words just kept poping into my head and I just said them. God was directing me what to say in that moment I know he was and the spirit filled the room. So then we prayed because she is sick so Hna. Gutierrez of course looks at me and asked if I wanted to say it. I was like ok...if your sure. I am not that great at expressing myself still and so I wasnt really comfortable giving a special prayer for susanas health and progression. But I just bit my tounge and had faith that God would help me. So we knelt down and I began to pray. Woah. Only one other time have I been overcome by the spirit in a prayer in the mission. The first time was in the MTC what an incredilbe experience that was and the second was here. I felt the spirit so strong and started crying almost imediatley. I felt such a huge love for Susana and wanted her to be healed and to be baptized so bad. Thats really the only way I can explain what happened. After we stood up and Susana just breathed in deep and exhaled and said oh the spirit I can feel it. I was so humbled to see this woman change so much. She is so different from when we found her and she knows God is changing her. She knows the spirit and she knows it is with us when we come. I hope its enough for her to want to be baptized so she can have it for herself. 

2. So like our first week in this area we talked to this woman in a biblioteca (library). We hadnt been back to see her and we were passing by and I felt like we should go and talk to her so we were in there and it wasnt really going anywhere and then these 2 young girls came in looking for an English dictionary. So I look at my companion and I am like I know English and we smile. Then I asked the girls if they needed help with their English for school. They said yes. So we said we would come by one day to help them and they gave us their address. So the funny thing is that we passed this house already once before and they said they werent interested. But we passed on Tuesday night and they were excited to see us. So we went in and helped them. They have 5 kids and the mom. Andrea, Elianna, Macarena, Jimena, and Arnoldo. The mom is Adrianna. So we help them and these kids are just loving it and then Hermana Gutierrez being the awesome missionary that she is just whips out the Plan of Salvation on them. So we teach them about the Plan of Salvation and seriously they are were just so attentive. The youngest Arnoldo is 8 so they could all be baptized. We asked them if we could come back at the said yes. Jimena the nine year old little girl asked us if we would come to her birthday party so we are going to stop by wednesday. We left and they gave us a bunch of facturas and semitas....mmmmm..... So we saw them again this week but not the mom. We helped them again with English and then invited them to church and taught them about prayer. Elianna prayed and it was great. They cant come this week so we are hoping next week. But we feel really great about them. I love how the Lord helps us use our talents and abilities to share his gospel. Who knew English would come in handy!! 

3. We were walking one night and Hna. Gutierrez just looked at me and said okay I have to tell you. You are speaking so well in Spanish like you dont even know. I was like no Hermana please. I really dont feel like I am but whatever. She told me that when we teach sometimes she will pass it to me and I will say exactly what she was trying to say but really simply because I dont know a lot of words. She says I do not look like a newby and that I am really doing amazing. I felt so humbled. What did I do to deserve this blessing. I then though of Scotty and how he is struggling a little more with the language and imediatley prayed that God would bless him with sucess. But I was seriously so greatful to God to be able to be blessed to communicate what I am feeling and his gospel better with his children. This is a miracle. Please dont think I am boasting. I am not I am only showing you what is possible if we just trust God he can take a girl who cant speak nada in spanish and help her teach a lesson and testify with power in a language she has been speaking for 4 months. Just another tender mercy from the Lord? Not for me....a miracle. 

4. Hermano Lopez is going to be baptized this week!!!! WOOOTTTTT!! So exciting!! We are really hoping he can stay away from the coffee but we are praying and fasting for him so we know God will help him. 

5. Brian our other investigator came to church again. His family is so hard his dad doesnt like the people in any church because he has had bad experiences but he has never been to our church. We told him he just has to try it just like he wouldnt know the sweetness of a chocolate cake if he didnt try it. Then Brian was like Dad its like nice there I like it. But he didnt come We really feel like Brian is going to help his family come unto the gospel. He is studying the restoration pamphlet and is going to start reading the BOM we are so excited!!

6. I went on exchanges yesterday for the first time in the mission. All the missionaries were in the area Rawson we were cleaning their ward list so we all went out with members. So I went with a member he name is Noemi. She is seriously amazing she is 23 and is putting her papers in. She is exactly the kind of member I want to be when I come home. She takes an hour out of her day every day to go visit members and less actives in her ward. Every day!! Sometimes she takes the young womens so they can complete goals but mostly she does it herself she works and she is the primary president. He dad is inactive. I felt like she was a better missionary than me and she wasnt even wearing a tag. What an experience it was to work with her for the night. I really look up to her. Its so amazing how God puts certain people in our path everyday to help us learn and grow. Again though it is up to us to choose to learn what God has for us to learn. I just hope I am learning what God wants me to learn here. 

Thats just a little of Gods goodness here in the Mendoza mission. It amazes me to think that this happens everywhere in the world with every person. We can choose to see the miracles or we can choose to complain and look for solutions somewhere else. I love this work I love this Gospel. I love the Lord. I cannot wait to go to conference this weekend!! We are so excited!!!!!! 

Oh and just for some comic relief, you dont need to worry about me getting married because one of the members here everytime I see him (he is like 70) tells me he is looking for a boyfriend for me. We were in church and just about to leave and he come and grabs my arm and is like Hermana I have a contact for you. I am like ok bueno. He is like he is an ex missionary and really smart and serious. I of course go bright red and he is like my grandson and his grandson is walking towards us at this point. I am like oh my gosh are you serious!!! I am like Hermano we are Hermanas!! He just started smiling and laughing. Anyways we dodged a bullet cause I just told him I didnt understand and we left and Hna. Gutierrez just started laughing soooooo hard!!! I was laughing so hard too. Now like every five minutes in the street she is like oh your boyfriend etc. I am like HERMANA!!! Anyways so ya God likes to bless his missionaries sometimes in ways we wouldnt even expect. hahahahahaha. oh dear.

I love you all!!
Hermana Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment