Monday, January 23, 2012

Well this week was hard. haha We set some goals this week to find, teach and invite people to be baptized and really just did everything we could to accomplish that this week. I think it says somwhere in the Prophet of the Restoration Dvd that when we are accomplishing the greatest good that is when we have the greatest opposition. Pretty much my whole mission so far hasn't been too bad with opposition mostly because alot of the people we teach just dont really have strong backgrounds in the scriptures and usually I try to stay away from sketchy looking places, appointments and whatever else feels wierd. haha this week however I was definatly suprised attacked with alot of opposition that both E. Montgomery nor I were looking for. As I said before we made some really good plans to bring about our goals and we were doing really week in the beginning part of the week when we get this referal from Church Headquarters, specifically from the MTC. It said this guy wanted to recieve a free Dvd and also a Book of Mormon so we went and contacted this guy and when we did he was watching a Soccer game. Barcelona vs. Manchester United I think.. We sat down on the couch and just introduced ourselves and gave him his gifts and due to the fact that he was paying more attention to the tv than to us I asked if it would be better if we came back in a day or so because he was currently not paying attention. He said that would be fine and so we left and were pretty excited mostly because we dont get alot of Referals from Church headquarters that often. So the day came and our appointment was scheduled for 12 oclock. Right after our studies and lunch. We were running about 5 minutes late and on our way to his house when we get this phonecall from him saying "Where are you guys? I am waiting!!" So we were like sweet!!! This guy is awesome!!! Not exactly. It turns out that he brought his other friend and had taken the time to write out a whole page worth of bashing material and pretty much just attacked us for forever and everytime we tried to explain something they would just be like NO! NO! hahaha it was so ridiculous. They would ask us a question and as I would say about 5 words they would cut me off and be like nope look at this other scripture! It was such a waste of time. So I was just listening and trying to find a time to cut in a say well we better go because we had an appointment at 1 oclock after than when all of a sudden E. Montgomery in his broken spanish pipes in and is like I have a question. Everyone just went silent because it was the first time he had talked the whole time and he was like Do you actually want to learn today or are you just inviting us here to tell us that we are wrong. hahahaha They just went all quiet and then were like no no no and then just threw out another question to divert the conversation. hahaha After than I just bore my testimony with all the strength I had in my telling then an pointing with my finger hahaha that no one could tell me the things we teach are false because I have had a personal witness from God that they are true. They couldn't say anything about my testimony and we finally were able to leave. It just shows me how true the gospel is sometimes. Christ never taught people to attack other religions but merely to invite to see for themselves if what they are teaching is true. The funnniest part of the whole thing was when I asked them about 5 times in a row what church they went to and finally after ignoring it they just said well thats not important and we aren't going to tell you. So right before I left I was like ok if everything we teach is true what church should I go to? What church is true? They said nothing and just looked like deer in a headlight. I was super mad and frustrated and so we went and prayed for a while after to regain the spirit. Then after that every single appointment that we had that day fell through. So that night we walked in the rain for an hour and a half to find anyone that would hear our message. We found 1 man and invited him to learn more and so we are hoping we can get in contact with him again. For the next 2 days we found ourselves walking in the rain a little bit more just really showing our Heavenly Father that we are trying to be lead to those who want to learn more. Yesterday we were really blessed to be able to find a family of 4 that is interested and also the family of 5 that we are teaching is praying to know if this is what they need to do! We are being blessed so much as we show Heavenly Father that we want to follow him. Last night we were just on such a high of the spirit being able to almost complete all of the goals we had set that day and we were just so happy when we got a phonecall and someone left a message. Turned out to be some guy that was possessed with a devil and told us he was an anti christ and thats about all I heard before I deleted the message. As I said. When we are accomplishing the greatest good we find we have the most opposition. We are making miracles happen here. Next month we think we can baptize almost 10 people. Pray for us. We are seeing great things happen. One of the things we as a mission quote in our meetings is the Standard of Truth by the Prophet Joseph Smith. It says, "No unhallowed hand can stop this work from progressing. Persecution may arise, mobs my combine, armies may assemble, and calmity may defain, but the truths of God will go forth bodly, nobly, and independant until it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country and sounded in every ear. Until the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the great Jevoha will say The Work is Done."
This week was awesome!!!
Love you all!!
E. Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment