Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hey everyone!
Sorry I wasn't able to get online yesterday. The libraries were closed.. oh well. This week has been intense!! We ahve really tried to find alot more new people to teach and its been hard because of Christmas and new years and all the parties but we were able to find a few nevertheless. Did you like that word? Anyways. Its getting alot colder here. This morning it was below freezing and with the humidity it isn't the funnest to tract it or even be outside in general. It usually warms up into the 40's and 50's by the end of the day though so thats nice. I honestly dont know what to say today.. this week has been hard! But one thing I love is just how we can keep pushing and keep teaching. I was reading in Romans today in the bible and I read Chapter 3 verse 16 which says something along the lines of, " I am not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ." I really liked that alot because as a missionary or even as a member in our everyday life we sometimes are scared to share the gospel or open our mouth because we fear what the response might be from the person we are sharing it with whether its a friend, co-worker, stranger, family member, homeless man, dog, cat, ok just kidding but you get what I am saying. I know its super scary especially doing it in a language you are trying to learn. Knocking on a strangers door and going inside and sharing a 30 minute lesson on the restoration and expecting someone to change their whole lifestyle and believe what we are saying. The beauty about our message though is that its true. If they make that decision to reject it then we still have that reasurrance that we did our best and Heavenly Father will be happy about that. Thats what keeps me going and helps me not to be afraid of sharing my testimony. Of course practicing helps too. So guys, step out of your comfort zone and try to share the gospel! Keep being awesome. I love you all.
E. Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment