Thursday, January 19, 2012


Hey FAMILY!

So this week was A-WEsome! We had a baptism!!! WOOOT WOOT It really
was great and it was beautiful! So that was a lot of fun. Also this
week we have just been trying so hard to get some other people we have
progressing. We also had conference with President which was amazing
as always. We learned a lot about faith and hope and how they apply in
life and how fear and doubt kill our faith and hope etc. I already
knew all of this stuff but the way he applied it and the feelings I
had from the spirit helped me learn so much. I love that. The gospel
is so simple and yet even if we hear things over and over again we can
always learn something new its just like with the Book of Mormon. The
more we read it the more we learn. I was thinking the other day about
how many books I have read in my life. You know I loved reading but
just how once I have read a novel if I read it after its just kinda
the same experience over again. But with the Book of Mormon its like a
whole other experience. I love that. I just get so sad when the people
don´t understand the power in the Book the message and how much it
will literally change their lives.....We can only testify to them and
try to share our own personal experiences from life an hope that they
can feel through the spirit the truthfulness of it. I have been sooooo
tired lately with all this heat and just working so much I just feel
like my body is just dead. I feel myself dozing in personal study etc.
and so I remember praying the other night and just asking God to help
me have the strength and alertness after I wake up. I read an article
in the Ensign and it was just what I needed. Anyways these last few
days I have been able to just jump up out of bed and just get going
even in I am still tired its wierd its like God has just given me a
huge strength to my determination to over come it and to have more
diligence. It really is mind over matter. So that was great. Our
baptism went really well it was acutally kinda cool because the man
that was supposed to baptize her had this tooth sergury the day before
and his face is way infected and swolen so he couldn´t do it anyways
to make a story short her brother that was just recently baptized like
a month or so before was able to do the baptism! I was just thinking
about how God works in mysterious ways what a great way to help them
as brother and sister become closer. We had this huge huge rain storm
last night like the biggest in my mission and we were in one of the
farthest parts of our area and so we walked home in it and by the time
we got home it looked like we had just stepped out of the shower. We
were laughing so hard and took some pics and a video. I will try to
send some pics next week. So I was outside after then just watching
the lighting in the night sky just dance in the sky and sometimes I
just get mesmerized by the power God has and the elements and it just
makes me feel really humbled. But those sentimental feelings were
quickly shortened but the lighting directly over our heads that
happened for like 3 minutes its was awesome!!! Anyways we also were
able to teach a couple people that really needed to hear the gospel. A
lady that has recently lost her husband and a lady that was crying in
the street because she is having marriage problems. So I was really
cool. We also have been working with some menos activos more and we
have had some really spiritual experiences. Whe would be asking them
about why the priesthood has been a blessing in their lives and both
the dads just got really emotional and the wives and some of the kids
so it was pretty cool. I just remember leaving and feeling such a
desire to help more in the work of reactivating. Its just as important
and I feel like sometimes the menos activos get over looks. So thats a
goal for me when I return. So today for P-Day we hung out with some
other elders in our zone and our zone leaders and district as well and
it was really fun. We played dodgeball and fighting ninjas and just
had a blast! It was funny becuase I would be the only one in in dodge
ball and of course all the elders are like pshhh...just an
hermana....but little did they know that I was raised by 5 brothers!!
So I would then one by one pick them all off and then we would win
hahahaha. I just thought it was funny. Also we would play fighting
ninjas and I would win tons I was thinking about why that would be and

So I guess what I am trying to say is thanks for  bros for always throwing 
balls or pillows or whatever at meso I could learn how to dodge them! hahaha. 
But really I love it here in MaipĂș its a wonderful area and the ward is great. 
I am trying to work my hardest here and this last part of my mission is just flying
by and its not easy when my zone leaders go home a transfer before me
and all I ever hear is the count down of when we are going home
hahaha. I know they mean well but I just really am trying to focus and
it helps that my comp. is great and always helping me and pushing me
to be better. I hope you all have a wonderful week and know that I
love you all.

Hermana Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment