Monday, January 9, 2012

Hey Family!

Well this has been a really awesome week. We have had some really cool
experiences and really seen some miracles. To start off with lets just
say that its been soooooo hot here! We have been in a heat wave and
its been about 42 degrees daily for the last week or two. We go out
and just about die every day. I am getting tan and my hair I swear by
the time I get home will be blonde! (haha) But no its hard to just be
out. The sun sucks my energy and your just sweating so bad cause we
walk far far distances and just being in the heat all day does it to
you. We are sure to drink lots of water though so don´t worry.

As for some of the cool experiences we have been working with on of
our investigators for a while now and the hermanas before worked with
her. She wants to be baptized but she has just had a lot of doubts. So
we have spent a lot of our time just clearing up her doubts with her.
We had a lesson the other day with her and she just kept bringing up
the same doubts so after a long lesson of just showing her how she
really has no reason to doubt we found that her real doubt was that
she just hasn´t received her answer (or a real sure answer that these
things are true). So I remember I just felt prompted by the spirit to
tell her that the 14th of January is the day that she needs to be
baptized. That we have prayed about it and that God wants her to be
baptized that day. I  then said we are going to say and kneeling
prayer now and you are going to ask God right now if that date is his
will and if you should be baptized on that day. I then told her to
listen to her heart to the words that the Holy Ghost would tell her to
say and then after to really listen to the spirit.

So we knelt down and she prayed and it was a very simple prayer. She
asked God if these things were true and if she should be baptized on
that day. She finished her prayer and we just stayed where we were
thinking. I was praying so hard just begging God to give her an
answer. Hermana Haskell to was praying and then after a minute or two
we God up and I didn´t ask her right away how she felt but we
testified and just verified something else and I then asked her how
she felt. She told us that she felt like she wanted to cry like she
felt a lot of pressure in her heart like emotion but also peace. So
then I asked her ¨Do you feel like that is your answer from God?¨ She
answered and said ¨YES¨ So I said then will you be baptized on the
14th? She said Yes I will!
We were so excited it was a really cool experience of what happens 1
when we follow the spirit. 2. when we trust that the lord will answer
our prayers. I was really grateful and humbled after to see how much
God loves us. Its going to be a great week. We also had another
invesitgator in church that we are hoping to baptize in the next few
weeks she is progressing fast and really has a desire to know. Mom
this was the girl that I was able to share your conversion story with
and it really touched her heart as she has had the same feelings you
had. So that you and know that your testimony and life is helping the
people here in Argentina change and gain testimonies of the gospel. We
have really been able to see the lords hand in our work this week as
we have been working hard and trying to be really diligent. The Lord
is blessing us. I was able to talk to one of my zone leaders today as
we hung out with them and some other elders for pday and we talked
about how sometimes we want certain blessings from God and don´t
recognize that he really is blessing us just with other things. As I
read Scotts letter I felt that again at how the Lord really knows what
we need and that we just need to trust that all of the experiences we
are having and will have are for our good. The Lord knows us and where
we need to be and who we need to be so he will provide a way to help
us get there just like it says in 1 Nephi 3:7. It was Hermana Haskells
Birthday yesterday and that was fun so we went to a members house with
our investigator that is going to be baptized and had a little party.
Its was good. Also something else from this week was that I was able
to receive a blessing from our counselor in our bishopric. Hermana
Haskell too. It was soooo cool to see how the things that I had been
praying for and struggling with the blessings I received in my
blessing. The Lord is ever aware of our needs even if this Hermano
didn´t know what we had been passing through he listened to the spirit
and as we heard the words pronounced over our heads we knew God is
listening to our prayers. So after that as we were walking home we
talked about it and I helped Hermana Haskell understand her blessing
as it was in Spanish and it was just so cool to re-discuss the things
that were said and just to see the way in which we needed to change to
really be worthy of those blessings and what we needed to do to
receive that. Sometimes I think we feel like we get a blessing and
then thats it we have them and we forget that we need to work for them
too. We have to do our part. So its was a really good week I learned a
ton and I know this next week will be even more rewarding!

Love you all. May this new year be full of new goals and challenged to
really become children of Christ and becoming closer to him.

Hermana Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment