Monday, January 9, 2012

Hey Family!!
This week was really awesome! We were able to get alot and just talk so much more with people and really teach alot more!! I think I have become alot more outgoing out here and I feel like I am just able to talk and make the people laugh out here. I really want to do something that involves things like that when I get home for a career. I dont think there is anything that makes me more happy when I can just see someone laugh their head off. I know it says in the scriptures to put away childish things and also that we should refrain from loud laughter but I think I just have a really funny and wierd personality that people like to laugh at me.. I dunno. I just love the people here so so so much!! They are the reason why I am here. Seriously if it wasn't for them we as missionaries would be pointless. I think since I have been training I have just found a new door open and I feel like I am just able to understand so much more and really work so much more effectivevly and really see the hand of the lord so much more in my life and in this work. It makes me laugh and kinda sad at the same time when we talk to people that dont have the understanding that we have and just dont want to listen. I laugh more at their reactions to us as missionaries but am sad because they are rejecting something that will bring them more happiness in life than anything that they have every experienced before. I have come to realize that we only feel that happiness and joy when we are abiding by commandments. Like the scriptures say there is a law irrevocably decreed in heaven... all blessing are predicated to obediance of those laws. Somthing like that. I am paraphrasing.
Another thing I have learned this week. Life is hard. We dont get everything we want. And sometimes we have really good desires and really hope for things but we just have to rely on the lord and what He wants to bless us with. There are so many things that I  want in this life but I have come to realize that all I can do is just be proactive and trust in the lord and if he wants me to obtain a certain gift or recieve a certain blessing he is going to provide a way for it. We sometimes feel like things are going bad and thats ok. Thats normal to feel like that. But because we dont understand the big picture or cant see into the future we sometimes let our emotions control us and make us frustrated or sad or angry. Thats normal too! haha but as we take a step back and just say, ok.. I cant really control this situation. All I can do is just pray and trust in the Lord and do what he wants me to do, then the lord will be able to bless us. Think of it. We came to this earth to be tested and tried. Not to just hang out and have fun. This life is full of trials no matter who you are, what religion you are from, what background you have. Everything is for our good. We have the experiences we have to test us to see if we will do what Heavenly Father wants us to do or not. Remember what one of the apostles said. I think Elder Oaks. There are good choices, better choices, and best choices. My testimony of The plan of salvation, redemption, happiness, whatever you wanna call it has become so strengthened as I learn to trust in the Lord. Jesus Christ seriously lives. There is no way he doesn't. I have seen his hand guide my life and its super hard sometimes. Sometimes we want to resist and say you know what I dont want to go that way. There is heartache there is pain there is suffering. But only he can help relieve those problems. He can do anything. I honestly just feel like I could walk out of this library and see a cripple and just command him to walk like the apostles in the Bible did if that is what he wants me to do. All we need to do is just be worthy of the spirit so we can have that guide in our life to know exactly what to do. As we seek it we will find it. As we knock it will be opened. Prayer works if we have patience and really want to know. I know all of these things are true because I have seen them over the course of my life. Especially within the last year. I may only be 20 but I know I can do anything he wants me to do.Hope you weren't too bored of my preachy testimony. I love you guys so much.
E. Anderson 

No comments:

Post a Comment