Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wow what a crazy and amazing week!! I cant believe it!! Okay so first off Hna. Guttierez and I went to Mendoza to pick up our newby!! Hermana Bedke! She is from California Bakersfield I think. So we went there and got her and then came back and got her all settled and went out to work for a bit in the night. Working in a Trio is soooo different than a companionship but I like it. Its good. Hermana Bedke is awesome! She has a lot of desire and drive and just wants to teach and bear testimony! I love it! So I have learned something very profound this week. Training is not for the newby...its for us! I feel like I am being trained! She is such a great example to me and I just feel like I need to step it up even more! Hermana Gutierrez is still great and she is like one of my best friends I think. Its weird. We have lived together beging together like 24/7 for like 3 months and we never fight. We just laugh and have fun. Sure sometimes we dont agree on things and may be frustrated but we always talk it out and its fine! I love it. So ya I have some great goals for this transfer and I really excited to become a better missionary! So GUESS WHAT!!!! We got 2 BAPTISMS!!!!! YEAH!!!! So amazing! My first 2 of the mission. Two kids 10 and 13. They have been investigating for about 2 years. Their dad is a member but their mom isn´t and so she never would give permission! So after working hard to try to talk to her and the family for 2 months! We finally talked to her and she gave permission! They were both Baptised on Saturday by their dad and it was really special because they have been waiting for quite some time. The dads sister was there and all she kept saying to us was thank you so much! I felt so humbled that I was apart of it. The mom came and was good and her family too. I really hope they felt the spirit and maybe this is the beginings to changing their hearts. So after the service and everything the boy went and hugged his aunt that just kept thanking us and they were both crying so hard. I felt so happy in my heart that we were able to be instruments in the Lords hands to help this family. Its an incredible feeling. Really. I highly recommend it! So we are so happy and are working hard to get some more! It was so cool too because in church they were welcomed as the new members and the boy was sustained?? to be able to receive the aaronic priesthood. I was thinking about how cool that is now that he will have the priesthood and be able to grow up with the Holy Ghost. In short it was an incredible experience one that I hope I will have again and again. So ya this week has been great and its been incredible to see how much I have come in Spanish from my first transfer which was like......3 transfers ago. Its incredible to see how much the Lord has blessed me. I am just speechless. It really makes me want to work harder. We had a great district meeting where we were able to talk about lots of things and our zone leader got up and talked about the fire and drive he had as a newby and that for the first 200 days of his mission he got up at 6 every day and memorized one scripture a day in Spanish! Also talked about his personal study. I felt so......worthless! I am so not a great missionary! I really feel like I have so much to be better in and some times it really overwhelmes me but I have been able to think a lot about some goals for myself and our companionship. So Hermana Bedke and I are going to start waking up early and memorizing scriptures and working together in our language study. I really want to be better in my personal study and really ask and beg for the spirit to help me learn those simple truths that are in the Scriptures. I loved Scotts letter about Nephi and how faith and love work together and obedience as well. I love Nephi too for that reason. He had such great faith why? Because of his obedience and his love of the Lord. I love the final words in Second Nephi.....the lord commands me and I must obey amen. What a great standard to live our lives by. I have never really felt the power behind obedience until now in the mission. Its really incredible! I am just in awe and humbled by howmuch more I need to be obedient and need to look for ways to obey the lord. I feel so inadequette some times because I just have so many great examples around me of missionaries and I need to be so much better...okay enough of my life goals. The mission is great though. I dont think I have ever done something this hard before but I have never been this blessed or felt this happy I think either. I know this is the Lords work and I don´t want to waste a minute of it! Hard to do yes because we are imperfect but how blessed are we that we have a perfect Savior that can help us become perfect through the atonement. I love this gospel and am in awe that people live without it and think they are happy. I want more than anything everyone to feel the happiness I feel with my family, and the happiness that comes when we feel the spirit and the love of the Lord. Thats why we are here. To help everyone become closer to our Savior! Share you testimonies with everyone please!!! You don´t know how much we can help those around us! Well here goes week two in training lets see what else the Lord wants me to learn! Until next week!
I love you all! 
Hermana Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment