Monday, May 30, 2011

Hey family!
This week has been really busy trying to visit as many people as we can. Things are really starting to warm up down here and I am starting to be able to feel the humidity more and more. The other day we got in the car and it said 107! Crazy! but then it just goes down to 95 so its not too bad. Still hot. Its just gross because you never feel dry completely. My face is super soft though :) thats nice. So one thing I really liked that I found in the Book of Mormon this week was that Obediance precedes revelation. I always knew that I guess in a round about way but it never clicked and as I was reading about nephi and his experiences it makes so much sense. Nephi was able to recieve revelation about his fathers dream, building the ship, finding how to obtain the gold plates etc. Each time he was willingly obediant to what the lord wanted him to do and because of that the lord was able to give him revelation what to do! Cool eh? Another thing I learned is how faith opperates by love. I am really loving reading the Book of Mormon and just being able to find such simple truths in the lives of the prophets and then look at my own life and see the contrast. I know its not good to compare ourselves to others but this is a different comparision. When I look at it I look at the characteristics and attributes that they either had or developed and then think of what I need to do to become like that. Ultimatley everything comes from our savior but knowing that the prophets were just ordinary men like me but understood these principles helps me to become more like that because I know I can be like that it I really try hard. Other cool news is we are having a big soccer game this saturday.  haha its going to be super funny because all the hispanics will just dominate and luckily we get to be on that team :) haha there has been some heavy winds lately and alot of trees have been breaking in half in random spots. We have seen come miracles like how one huge tree branch that overhung over one of the members trailer broke like in an impossible way that it never touched the trailer! Crazy! So pray that we will be protected because hilary said its like the perfect climate for tornadoes and there has been some crazy tornadoes around like in alabama and stuff. I will be protected though.

Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment