Wednesday, June 15, 2011

This week has probably been one of the hardest/scariest/most rewarding week in my mission!
Okay lets start at the begining. We went and taught one of our investigators this week and she was really incredible. She believes in all the things we are telling her the only thing is her brother is dying so she hasnt been able to come to church and we have a hard time going to see her because she is always with her brother in a different area. But she really is great and she is totally going to be baptized! Also we have this other investigator and we taught her at the begining of this week and she was really great. She is asking us a lot of questions and is really wanting to follow Christ is all things. She isnt married and is living with her boyfriend that she has a kid with he is great though too. She also smokes. So we have a lot cut out for us but are really excited to help her progress in the gospel its so cool to be a part of someone life and to see and hear when they have some of their first spiritual experiences! I always feel so greatful when I hear them tell me about a prayer that was answered or some amazing feeling they had! I love it! 

Now for the big part of the letter. So this week we were teaching 2 new investigators and as we are teaching the our phone rings and it was president! We didnt answer and we just finished teaching the lesson. So after we left the house and got into the street Hermana Gutierrez calls President. So first of all we both know that whenever President calls its always something big. So she calls him and immediately is like WHAT! She looks worriedly at me and then I just was like oh no I am leaving San Juan! She looked at me and just looked concerned and then she was like oh wait me?! So basically what happened was president called to tell us that One of the Hermanas is sick and had to go home for a little bit but will come back out but because we are in a trio they needed to take one of us to Mendoza to fill her spot. So guess who went! Hermana Gutierrez! So guess who is here by herself training......me! Lets just say that the first feelings I felt after and during that phonecall was sick! I seriously felt like I wanted to throw-up! And to top it all off Hna. Gutierrez had to leave the next morning! So I was like oh my word! I was so scared I had to be Senior Companion and Trainer suddenly! I started thinking of all the things I needed to do and the things I was lacking and started to feel really overwhelmed and discouraged! So that night was gathering all her stuff together buying a bus ticket and getting her ready to go in the morning! That next morning was hard. We took her to the Terminal and to our surprise the District leader and his comp. were there and they came to say goodbye to her and gave her some banana bread they made and they gave us some too. So I gave her a big hug and held back the tears cause I couldnt let the elders see me cry. It was hard though I have been with Hna. Gutierrez for like 3 and a half months just me and her. She probably knows me better than anyone! haha. She is one of my closest friends now! So it was hard to say a quick goodbye but we did and she jumped on the bus and we left! I felt the mantle of trainer and Sr. Companion so tangible! I dont really know how to describe it. It was really weird. But I just told myself we were going to be okay and I really felt the spirit confirm that and i know the Lord is going to help us because he has to this is his work. I have really really felt his help this week. So because of all the stress my cold has come back with a vengance and I dont think I have ever been this tired on the mission. I am so exhausted just from everything. So this PDay was really needed. But we have had miracles. Friday was such a hard day though and then Sunday we got our one investigator so church her and her boyfriend and daughter who is 1. It was stake conference and she came and as we were sitting there she leaned over and told me that she was reading the Book of Mormon and that she started to cry and that she had such a beautiful feeling inside! She was like I loved the feeling so I just kept reading! I bore my testimony to her about the spirit and told her God was telling her this is true! She just smiled and sat back. Then she was asking me questions about having to be married and all this stuff. We were wanting to address it so we are going to this week and talk to her about eternal families and the importance! She is great though she believes in Joseph Smith she just doesnt know or has a doubt that we have a prophet today and she was like I havent even seen a picture of him! So thank you mom for the Special Witnesses of Christ movie we are going to show her the testimony of President Monson and give her to conference edition of the Ensign. We are really excited for her! So ya this week I have really seen my weaknesses and seen the Lord make some of them my strengths especially my Spanish a lot of the Elders and people are like your Spanish is sooo good! You have only been here in Argentina like 4 1/2months!!?? I know its only because God was preparing me for this moment and still is. I love Heavenly Father and his goodness for us. I really felt unqualified for this and he is helping me to become qualified. I love seeing his hand shape and change me into the missionary I have been praying to hard to become. Sometimes God works in mysterious ways. Like taking a new missionary that has a lot of faults and weaknesses and having her train a new missionary. Well I say again I feel more like I am the one being trained. I am learning so much and this next week is going to be hard and really rewarding! I know. I need the Lord and have never relied on him more than now. Thank you for your prayers and your love always. I feel it and I need it! Here goes one another week!
Love you!!
Hermana Anderson



No comments:

Post a Comment