Monday, June 27, 2011

Okay so this week was seriously a  miracle week!! I dont even know how to describe the feelings in my heart because I just feel so blessed!! So remember the woman I told you about that we found and she came to church and loved it?? Okay so lets start there....So Tuesday we went over to her house and she texted us that afternoon and was like hey my angels come over I have hot chocolate and cake for you! We were like sweet!! So we go over and we sit down and she just loves us. So we begin to teach her about the restoration and then we get to the Joseph Smith part and put in the Restoration movie. She was watching soooo intently! Then it finished and I testified about Joseph Smith about asked her if she believed he saw God and Jesus Christ. She looked at me and was like yes, wanna know how? I was like yes. So she was like okay so I believe that God speaks to people and that helps us here on earth because that day you came and found me (Saturday) was a really bad day for me and I was really sad. I wrote a letter for my two kids (because she lives by herself she is seperated and her kids dont have anything to do with her) and I made a drink to kill myself. I was about to drink it and I heard someone knock really really loud so I came to the door and looked out and saw blue eyes (Hermana Bedke) then she backed up and I saw the word Jesus Christ on your plaque and I was like they are coming to save me! So she ran to her bedroom to put some pants on and meanwhile we went upstairs because we didnt think she was coming. So we got regected upstairs and then came back down to see her standing there right? And you know the story from there! She WAS ABOUT TO DIE!!! We knocked at the exact moment!!!! I had the hugest feeling of humilty wash over me and I just felt to greatful that God had performed a mircale and saved this woman through us!! So anyways we just kept teaching her and it was great and we set a fetcha for just this last weekend. She was like well that kinda fast and we said yes it is but....she interupted us at this point and said but I guess its better that way because I will have the Holy Ghost! We were like exactly! She seriously is Golden! So we just kept going back to her house and she would keep making us treats and having things for us and we brought a member by with us and they are way good friends now and just everything worked great with that. She got interviewd Friday for her baptizm and passed!!!!! Saturday we went over and she brought out these gifts for us and she had gotten us the most practicle gift ever!! She bought us tights!!! Thermal tights!! I was very greatful she like I dont want you to freeze! So Saturday night we were also able to go and see out other investigator in the North her and her boyfriend and they had a friend there as well so we taught him too. We invited them all to church. Okay SUNDAY: Well yesterday we go to church and we had 4 investigators!!! It was soo good!! Our bishopric got changed and our new one is awesome! So then after sacrament meeting out investigaor that I have been telling you about in the begining got baptized and confirmed!!!!!!!! It was so awesome!! Its my first baptism as a Senior companion! She was seriously incredible!! We found her taught her everything and baptized her (all becuase witht the help of God) in 8 days!!! I was seriously in shock! She is so strong too! She is like I want to raise my kids in the gospel etc etc. I just am blown away! It just goes to show when we find those that are humble they change so quickly and drasticly when they accept Christ as their savior! I love this gospel!!! So something that happened a week or so ago that I forget to tell you was our Hot Water stopped working and our landlord was out of town for like 4 days so....yes showering was interesting. We boiled water in the morning and had bucket showers. It was soooo cold you could see your breath in the bathroom. They dont have insulation here and there is a big hole for ventilation so ya! haha. We have Hot Water again now so its good. But we lost one of our electric heaters this week and then the breaker kept shutting off so we could use our other one so its been a cold week! Its been like -6 celcius in the nights so its cold and we dont have heating or insulation sooo you can imagine hahaha. I just love it here. We have been working hard and we are seeing miracles. This is the last week of transfers and we get transfered next week. I think I am leaving cause I have been here in San Juan forever! But we will see. I really will miss it here if I leave. I love it and have so many friends here! But anyways Also something I learned that is so cool this week is the importance of taking the name of Christ upon us. When we are baptized we comit to doing that. We were listing to a talk on Hermana Bedkes iPod about how when you want someone to represent you, you want someone who will act like you would and do what you would do if in that situation. So when thinking about it we take upon Christs name to be his representative and if we do that then she should be doing everything he does. All our thoughts should be focused on him our feelings, our actions. Everything!! I have really some to see that here in the mission. The more we do that the more happy we are! That is the secret! How do we come to know how Christ thinks and acts? 
1. By studying about his life
2. Praying (when we pray in Christ name its the same! We should be praying the words he would say. We do that by praying through the spirit. I love the definition in the Bible Dictionary. When the will of the father and the child are brought together...we come to know his words through the spirit)
3. Then act and do what he did. 
I know that as we do this we will feel his love more and know our Savior better. Why? Because we are being his representatives!! How cool is that!!
I love this gospel! I also have just been getting really excited about how simple everything is and how important it is to study the simple things in the gospel! Things like the spirit, prayer, obedience, faith, repentance, baptism, the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.....what else do we really need. All the rest comes from these things as we study and ponder we are shown more line upon line! I love it! Anyways I am going to try to finish up this week great and really help Hermana Bedke get ready for her next companion if I leave. I love you all and feel your prayers and love!
Love ya!
Hermana Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment