Monday, July 11, 2011

So this week has been a great final week here in San Juan Centro! Yes I am leaving after 3 transfers. I will really miss this place...the ward...the people...Hna. Bedke....my zone. I really will always have a great love for the people here in San Juan. So I am going to Mendoza!! Godoy Cruz Centro! I will be right near the offices. My new companion is Hermana Astorga. She is from Chile and so this will be great for my Spanish! I think I am going to be living with Hermana Gutierrez! So I am so excited!! So yes this last week has just been finishing things up and trying desperatly to get people to church!! So hard sometimes...but thats life. So I hope Hermana Bedke will continue to work hard in this area and see miracles. Hermana Crapse my comp. from the MTC is coming here to be her comp. So that will be cool! So today for the 4th of July we had a big BBQ american style haha. They raz me all the time about being Canadian but I take it well. Dont worry I stick up for our country. We had some way good burgers and chips and pop. Played some frisbee and football. It was a lot of fun. Hermana Bedke and I went to Centro this morning for Breakfast and had some way good hot chocolate and media lunas. It was fun like a little cafe and then we went shopping. I got a jersey from San Juan here that is wicked sweet and a cool this painting that this man paints with his hand! It was way cool. So today as a great day. Last night we made a sweet fort and slept in it. All my memories from making forts as a kid with Scotty and David came back. We had some intense skills!! I remember we used to even make tunnels! haha. I love it. So ya. Graciela is so great we passed for her some more this week and she is going to activities all by herself now is studying the gospel principles manual and is studying the Book of Mormon. She read the Joseph Smith story and she loved it. She came to church and she bore her testimony and just did it all by herself. She told about what happened when we passed and I dont think I have ever heard a ward be so quiet! It was actually quite comical. Its always noisy cause the kids but as soon as she said she wanted to take her life the ward just went silent. The poor little deacons had huge eyes the little kids were looking at their parents and some of the members were looking at us and giving us thumbs up!! So funny but actually really cool too. I seriously love her she is just incredible! She already has goals made to get to the temple! What a blessing she has been in my life! I will really miss her! I am really looking forward to this new transfer and I am excited about some new changes I am going to be making with myself! I had to say goodbye to one of the members we have been working with for ages here her name is Mirta and she always is coming out with us. It was way hard. She has become a really great friend and I will miss her a lot! I gave her a big hug goodbye and she just cried. I was thinking about the mission and how we are always having to say goodbye to new people and wow out emotions are always going up and down its so tough. But I really have come to learn that all of these experiences are making us learn so many things and how blessed we are that God loves us enough to show us! I really have learned so much here in San Juan and I feel like I am just in the begining parts of learning what God has in store for me in the mission! Isnt it crazy! Every day is an opportunity to learn. Every single day every single moment. I was able to read a talk this morning about Prayer by Elder David A. Bednar. It was soooo good. I loved it because it applies so well to what I have been studying lately. I seriously love this gospel and I am excited to keep learning and keep helping other people learn more about how happy they can truly be. I learn a lot this week was humbled a lot and feel so blessed to have had this opportunity to train Hermana Bedke. She is incredible and is a better missionary than I am. She has helped me change so much and I cant wait to use what I have learned from her! What a blessing!
I love you all and hope you have a great week!
Hermana Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment