Monday, May 2, 2011

Okay so last monday we went out in the evening to see some of our investigators. Remember the Flia. Martines with the 5 kids that we were teaching English to? Well......they are moving....SO SAD!!! Hermana Gutierrrez and I were like WHAT?!? Well the mom had a big fight with the boyfriend and so they are moving to be closer to her mom. So we were gutted because we really really wanted them to be baptized!! So sad! So Andrea the oldest she is 13. She gave me her bracelet (with a saint on it which I dont wear dont worry) and her ring to Hermana Gutierrez. We gave each of them a big hug and it was so hard to say goodbye! So we have this man that we always pass in the night walking back to our pench. He works at the Super Vea (a groccery store) So we always invite him to come to church or to listen to us and he is always just like ok ok. So we walk past him now and he gives us the Argentine buddy shake hahah and then point to the sky or puts his arms to the sky as a salute to God. We laugh soooo hard every night. It always makes me smile. To Tuesday we found this woman named Elia in ALB we helped her with her bags back to her house and then taught her. SHE IS GOLDEN!! She is looking for the truth and wants to find the true church of God. So we committed her to read and gave her a bunch of scriptures and to pray. We passed later in the week and she is reading and praying!! We are so exciting for her! She couldnt come to church this week but she wants to come next week so we are really excited! Then Wednesday we had conference! It was sooooo good! I love hearing President and Hermana Lindahl speak! The spirit was so strong and I was filled and excited to come back to San Juan and work! Please tell Grandma thanks for her 2 letters. I am going to try and write her tell her that I just have like no time and mail is expensive here so give me some time. Thursday we ate with this woman who lived in Canada for like 8 years (Toronto) so I was pretty excited! We had steak sooooo good and raw veggies with dip. Now I thought eating raw veggies was normal...its not. They dont do that here. So my comp. was like what?! I remember our first transfer together I bought some carrots and was eating them raw and she said the same thing. What are you doing?! I was like what do you mean?! So needless to say she really liked it! Haha so funny. Some things we think are normal are so different in other countries and cultures. Also we had this eggplant that was dipped in egg and bread crumbs and fried. So yummy. I think it was the first time I have tried eggplant! I really liked it! So Friday we ate with the flia. Polo we live behind them they own the pench they are so nice. Hno. Polo is really deaf so talking to him is sometimes a challenge. I was walking with Hilary´s boots from england and now I have some great blisters! Oh yeah! Love the mish! Also today I taught a lady through her gate but I pretty much taught everything. I was so happy after because I was able to understand so much and I feel the lord blessing me so much! Now to Saturday. So we woke up really early and did service for a club with all the stakes in San Juan and all the missionaries. It was really cool and lots of fun. Hna. Gutierrez and I spent like 2 hours sweeping this sidewalk thing and my hands were so sore after. They gave us some semitas! They were sooooo good. I love them. But oh my word it was so cold this morning. Like see your breath cold! We were freezing!!! So this afternoon in the night we found this family and they were soooo good!! We went to see Brian set his Fetcha for the 8th. He is going to stop smoking this week so he can be baptized! So then we went like 6 house down from his and found this family like I said above. This grandpa and his granddaughter and her friend. They were so great and listening so attentively. So then we invited them to church and they were like sure!! We were like okay so we are passing for Brian at 8:30 and so we will pass for you too and just to add the blessings they know Brian and are good friends!! So the next morning (Sunday) we stopped at the bus stop and were waiting there and we waited and waited and waited and no bus then this man came and was like oh no buses are working today! Its the workers day today!! We were like what?!?!?! So I checked my bag and had like 40 pesos. So we called a taxi (its 8:20 at this point) and we go to the North. So as we are pulling up to Brians house in the Taxi what do we see! BRIAN WAITING OUTSIDE!!!! The first time he was ready and waiting! We were so excited! So we called a member to come pick up Brian and we walked to the girls house to get them. And to our surprise they have a friend that wants to come too! We were like YES!!!! So then we were waiting for a taxi after we got the girls and there were none coming and so me and Hermana Gutierrez both were praying and a taxi passed! NO LIE!! We were like oh my word oh my word! This is the kind of stuff that happens when you fast! God blesses us with miracles! So we all got to the church good and the girls were really comfortable in the church and they really liked it! The fast and testimony meeting was so good and the spirit was so strong! So we are excited because now we can go and teach their families!!!
I tell you miracles!!!!!! So needless to say it was a great week. But it wasnt without its tough times. We always have tough times and then great ones. Today we went bowling with the zone!!!! So fun!! Our zone has really grown a lot closer and we are happy because this really helps in the work and in our goals and missionaries when we have unity. I am glad to hear Scott is ok! I didn´t even know there were tornadoes in Atlanta! Crazy. We have been really been counselled a lot to have stuff prepared for earthquakes as we live in an area that has a lot. I don´t know when the last one was so its hard to say it we will have one soon or not when I am here. Who knows. The last days are here though and that is the importance of always being prepared...in everything. Every area of our lives. Spiritually especially. Well I think that is all from me this week. The next time you hear from me will be on the phone!! I think we get to email you this week some time with the times for Sunday. So mom make sure you check you emails a lot Saturday and Sunday. Anyways good to hear Luke is going into the MTC he will be great! Say thanks to Karen for the letter. I really would love to email back but I cant. I am trying to be more obedient so I can qualify for the blessings. 
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment