Tuesday, May 17, 2011




This week has had its ups and downs....So this week we have really been trying to work with our investigators and get them progressing. She is progressing well and she just needs her interview now but we have to talk to her dad. She is like 11 and lives with her grandpa. So we really hope her dad says yes. She is so ready. We think we might have to drop another guy....so sad...we think he has been lying to us about a lot of stuff. The lady we teach lives like 2 house from him and she and her friend milagros told us that he told them he doesnt believe in God and that he is just investigating and that he hasnt quit smoking. We don´t understand because he passed his baptismal interview!!!! What the heck!! We were really mad but we are okay now. Whatever happens happens. She is great we went to get her for church on Sunday and she was sleeping so her grandpa told us to go wake her up so we did and then she got ready and we went to church. As we were walking she was like guess what? I was praying last night and I just had the most beautiful feeling inside me and I felt really good! We were like YES!!!!!!! She is 11 years old!! I love how the children just have such pure faith. You can see why God calls those who have the hearts of children. They are willing and ready for the work. So we also got to talk to the Familia ..... and we talked to the mom about setting a fetcha. She said she had no problem but she really does have a problem. We set a date for this saturday and really hope the two kids can get baptized....if not...hopefully next transfer. So this is the last week of this transfer! I cannot believe how fast time is going by! Tomorrow is my 6 MONTH mark!! WHAT!!!! I know I am 1/3 of the way done my mission! Where is the time going! It makes me want to buckle down and keep working harder! OH YA!!!! Okay so the other night we were walking back to our pench and we were about 2 houses down and the man on a scooter (we call them motos) drove by with his helmet up. He drove by us really really slow and was just staring at us. I just felt disgusting that he could just look at us like that and me do nothing! So what did I do I said QUE! Which means WHAT! ya.........bad idea....so he turns around on his scoot and drives by us again and Hermana Gutierrez is freaking out and she sees his hand in his coat and thought he was going to rob us. So Then he keeps staring at us and Hna. Gutierrez just was like have a good night!! We kept walking and he drove off. I was like SOORYYYYYYY!!! She was okay she really thought he was going to rob us but she said she almost said something too. I will be more careful next time dont worry. Ya so this week has been good and of course we always have days where its just like why!!!! But hey we dont learn how to be better without hard experiences. I am learning that more and more here on the mission. The things that seem the hardest are most of the time the things or times where we learn the most. So dont shy away from experiences like that. Tackle them head on and go to the Lord when you feel like you dont have enough. Sounds like Scotty is doing good! Good to hear. We are hoping for some baptisms this week! I would love to hear about scotts book of mormon challenge. We are actually on one right now too. We are reading the book of mormon in the time Joseph Smith translated it! 66 days I think! This will be the second time I have finished the BOM. I started it when I got here in Argentina finished it just as we started this new challenge and I am halfway through again. I love the scriptures. The Book of Mormon is so powerful. I understand more and more the power behind it each day I read it. I always find something new and something exciting with every new page I turn!! Have a wonderful week! Dont forget the power of your examples to people. We took upon ourselves the name of Christ when we were baptized lets make sure we are living up to that name in everything we do. 
Love you all!
Hermana Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment