Tuesday, April 5, 2011

This has been probably the hardest week of the transfer. I know what a great way to start off a letter. I had such a hard time though this week. I had just such a heavy negativness around me. Things were kinda weird with me and my comp. First of all the language is a barrier and sometimes she gets really frustrated with me when I dont understand and sometimes she doesnt listen to me ect. I am sure I am doing the same. I think the Lord is just really trying to teach me patience this week. I have praying to be humbled so I am SURE this is one way in which the Lord is humbling me. Susana this week was in the hospital so we didnt get to see her and she didnt come to conference. We helped our other investigator Brian we made him a little thing to help him quit smoking so I really hope he does I really want him to get baptized. I think there are going to be no baptisms this transfer either. Sad I feel like I have been working hard but in reality its so hard because as a companionship you have to work as a team and because I dont understand everything and because I am the Junior comp. I dont lead out if that makes sense. Its hard to desicribe. But I am excited for the time in the mission that I can litterally just give everything. I am trying to do that now but I have road blocks like spanish and pride and other things that I need to have stripped from me before that can be a reality I think. Wow conference was seriously amazing!!!!! I loved it! I felt like they focused a lot on Love, Service, the importance of covenants, the temple and the spiritual and physical preparation we need to be making. I loved every talk and I dont think I have ever been more excited for conference. I think I was more excited for it than Christmas!! Seriously! Okay so remember the familia Martinez the family my comp. and I helped teach English to? Well Jimena her birthday was this week so me and Hna. Gutierrez went and bought her some cute earings for like 2 pesos and brought them by her house for her fiesta. Oh she loved them. The mom was so sad she was like Hna. Sorry!! We didnt make it to church on Sunday!! Hna. Gutierrez and I were like SWEET!!! So she wants to come that is a huge plus because here people make every excuse in the world why not to go to church its so frustrating. But hey. Transfers are next week and I really want to stay here and so does my comp. We hope we both stay I really want to get these people baptized!! But...patience as ever is the key right.... It was cool I was reading in Mosiah 2 for a lunch apt. and I love the story of King Benjamin and his address to his people. It was like the first ever General Conference. So cool. I am currently reading in Helaman and I dont think I  have ever craved reading the scriptures this much. Its crazy I am just reading and reading when I get a moment. I love the Book of Mormon so much. Please read it and pray for that desire it will change you!! Other than that things in the mission are as lovely as ever. Walking every day meeting awesome people and meeting crazy people and meeting really sad people. This gospel really is for everyone and will change everyones life. It makes me so sad when people dont see that or they dont want to listen or changes even when they know its true!! Ahhhhhhhh. But its okay. Oh one of the talks I loved so much was Elder Oaks on Desire!! I seriously loved them all not even kidding but Elder Oaks especially. I was thinking a lot about desire after that and how much it really does govern our lives. For example. If one desires to loose weight. The desire for food HAS to be less strong than the desire to loose that weight. Even though there are times when we are like oh just one wont hurt or I will start my diet tommorow. Oh whatever other excuse we can make to justify that our desires are not going to hurt us. I feel it is that same with everything in life. For me many days I need to make my desire to teach and help these people bigger than my desire to sleep or to complain or whatever lame excuse I can come up with (dont worry mom I dont ditch the work to sleep it was just an example) I also have figured out thats one important reason why we have companions. They help us to keep control on our desires and help us achieve our goals more. Its the same with marriage I think. They spoke about marriage  a lot in conference. I am glad. Its so true though we are so selfish sometimes and we just want to coast through life doing what we want to do not comitting to people work or the lord. How sad. Marriage is one of the most precious gifts God gives us the opportunity to live with someone you love for all eternity? Elder Scotts talk was perfect proof of that. Look at that love. Thats what I want one day. If I live right and keep myself clean I know I will be blessed. In the Lords timing. Anyways I love you all and thanks again for all the mail. You will never know how much it helps. It lifts my spirits. Helps me feel your love when I am down. Keep your heads up and look for opportunities to serve!!
Te Queiro Mucho!
Hermana Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment