Monday, April 11, 2011

Okay so this week seriously was a week of miracles! Let me tell ya! I know I say that like everyweek but seriously! So on Tuesday we went to see the familia Martines and we were teaching then and helping them with their English too. Those girls seriously love me and its such a blessing because they are so open to what we are teaching. I know that I am supposed to be here for them right now so that Hna. Gutierrez and I can help them find the truth! So today as we were walking Hermana Gutierrez was like okay I have to tell you. Its so funny sometimes you struggle with finding the words to say in Spanish and then there are times when you speak so well and so clearly! I agree completely. I think its incredible the Lord blesses me in certain moments when he needs me to teach and testify and I am able to speak and teach. The Spririt just fills me and and I speak. I am so blessed and its extremely humbling because I know what its like when I cannot say anything! So we committed the Martines girls to read the Book of Mormon and to pray about the truth. So Wednesday we went back to see them and Jimena the one that just had the birthday was like so I read the Book of Mormon and I liked the story about Kind Benjamin!!! Thats what we committed them to read but she is like the second youngest and she read the whole chapter!!!! She is amazing! We had tons of lessons with memebers lined up today and got stood up for all of them....so sad because the members are so essential in the work!! Both Hna. Gutierrez and I want to stay here together so bad and transfers are today!! We get calls tonight. So we have our zone meeting and they call us and tell us all where we are going....!!!! So nervous and excited at the same time! Okay so I have a really really funny story for you. I swear Satan is trying to kill me and I know thats a terrible thing to say because mom you are probably thinking what?! haha. Okay so we were on our way to one of our investigators house with a member that came out to work with us and Hermana Gutierrez was talking with her on the side walk so I walked to the right around this telephone pole cause there wasnt room. The  sun was really bright and right in my eyes so I couldnt see anything so I was looking at the ground and just thinking and all of a sudden I feel something hit my face really really hard and I looked up and was so confused! I turn around and I walked straight into a CANASTA!! So you may be thinking now what is this Canasta that is trying to take Hermana Andersons life. Well let me tell you. Here in Argetina because of all the dogs that eat the garbage they put their garbage in things call canastas that are above the ground its like a metal basket. Sometimes they are on a metal pole or sometimes they hang from trees or telephone poles. I am dead serious I did not see it at all!! So I was laughing so hard and the side of my nose and a bit of my forehead was all cut up and my comp. was laughing. They were concerned dont worry they arent heartless. But really it was funny!! So we went into the house of our inv. and I cleaned my nose off with some water and then we went out to work! Haha. My nose was a little tender but I know that I was protected and blessed not to break my nose. I was walking pretty fast! So there is a tender mercy! So one of our inv. name Brian is awesome. He has been coming to church but we are taking it slow with him because of his dad. So we went over on Saturday because the bishops daughter was getting baptised and she invited us so we wanted Brian to come see it! We called him and he said yes! So we passed for him and he was just walking in with some semitas (a type of sweet bread) for his dad. He walked into the other room to give it to him and we heard yelling and then Brian ran to his room and we were like uh oh....so like 10 minutes later Brian came out and he was crying and was like sorry....and was like I dont want to live here....my heart just about broke for him!! He is 17!! So we said we would see him in the morning for church so he didnt get in trouble again....sooooo sad...But one miracle we went and saw the familia Martines for a Noche de Hogar (Family Home Evening) and we talked witht he girls and the mom wasnt there. Then she got home and before we left we were talking to her and she was like you know we are catholic but if my girls decide for themselves that they want to get baptized that is their decision!!! WE WERE LIKE ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!!! So as we were walking home we were so excited!! So we both hope we are here next transfer to get them baptized! Now we had some really high goals this week and we didnt think we were going to meet them because we had two days left and werent really close but we fasted Sunday and knew that if we were obedient and worked hard we would see miracles and we did!  WE MET OUR GOALS!! OH YEAH!! I love it! So yes this week has been great! One thing I was thinking about today was how much I have learned about how we choose how to react to things in our lives. I have learned that even if I am frustrated with the language with the investigators with my companion with a member with myself whatever.....we can choose to be happy or not. The more I decide to be happy and just see the good in everyone and everything. It has made me way more happy and less stressed! Seriously try it!!!!! I love how the Lord is teaching me here and I am learning some great thing for my life after the mission. So wether I stay here in San Juan or not..I know that God will put me where he needs me to be so stay tuned for next weeks big reveal!!! (haha sounds like some stupid T.V. show I know!) 
Oh and I just want to say thanks to my awesome brothers for teaching me how to win board games. We played Settlers of Catan with the Elders today and yes I beat them. Hahahahaha. I dont think they liked that very much....oh well.
Te Queiro!
Hermana Anderson



No comments:

Post a Comment