Monday, April 25, 2011

Okay so this week has been very interesting I have had some funny experiences some really tough ones and some miracles too!
So first off with the funny. We were knocking some doors in the east part of our area and we walked past this house and I was just like bueno so I knocked it and this man came out. I started talking to him and he was like okay okay I am really busy then he asks me where I am from. So I tell him Canada and he is like oh!! hahaha. Then he is like you know there is a lost city in Canada? I was like oh okay? Where? So he couldnt remember so he walked back to his door a little bit and yelled into the house to his brother (he was old by the way) and said he where is that city in Canada that was lost? His brother was like I dunno why? He was like because there is a chica out here she is beautiful and her hair is the same as the hair on the hair of the corn! HAHAHAHAHHA So Hna. Gutierrez was laughing so hard and I was like okay well thanks? Then we left and we both were laughing so hard! So then at one of our lunch apointments with the Familia Beneges she tells this story and as we left the kids were like Goodbye Hermana Corn! hahahahahaa. I was like oh great this is never going to end! But no its just a joke so ya. So we taught this other investigator named Jema again and she wouldnt accept the Book of Mormon! She would accept the pamphlets but no the Book of Mormon! I was so frustrated because the Book of Mormon is so powerful. It is so important in the process of conversion! But hey we will keep trying. So our investigator Brian his dad Jorje is so hard. He hates religion but says he is catholic but in reality he just hates the people. The way they judge. But for the first time we were teaching him the other night and he was listening. So I was trying to testify to him about something and for some reason I always have a really hard time speaking to him and finally he was like have your comp. translate. So I started speaking in English and Hermana Gutierrez translated for me. Oh my gosh! The spirit was so strong. I felt words come into my mouth in English and Hermana Gutierrez said that after she felt the spirit going through her and becoming more powerful as she was translating! She was like oh my gosh you dont even know! Jorje then said what is my purpose in life? So I was like bueno becuase we had no more time so I told him he needed to prepare for the answer. That God always answers prayers but he needs to prepare himself. He needs to pray and the read the scriptures and to meditate on his question and the things he reads. He said he would and we were seriously just shocked at how the spirit worked on him. He seriously ever other time is soooooo hard!! So that was a blessing! Also Brian had his interview this week and he is ready.....but he smoked the day after and so he wont be baptized this Sunday......so hopefully we can help him to be ready for the next Sunday. Okay for another funny moment. We were teaching this woman and she is like 96 years old! She was seriously HILARIOUS!!! I was laughing so hard!! She was so animated and was like kissing her hands and raising them to the sky. I seriously started laughing while we were teaching but quickly recovered! Oh man I wish you could have seen it! Also we have these things here called Zondas Its like a hot hot wind that comes through here and then in the night it gets really really cold! So it was pretty interesting! We were dying of heat in the afternoon and then freezing cold in the night! hahaha. Kinda reminded me of home. So here is the miracle!! We were walking to this womans house cause we didnt have a lot of time left before we needed to go back to the pench and so on our way we stopped at the church to use the bathroom and then we left and we were walking and we were almost to the house of the familia Perez. This family is part member. The dad is the only member. His wife is catholic but his two kids want to get baptized. His wife has always been like no....and we can never talk to them cause she is never home! So we are walking up and who had just gotten home and was walking to the door!!! Hermana Perez!! We were like no way!!!! So we were talking to her and Hermana Gutierrez felt prompted to ask her about her kids wanting to get baptized and if she had a problem with it! She said.....no.....if they want to!! We were like WHAT!!!!! SOOOOO SWEET!! So we have a Noche de Hogar with them on Saturday and we are really hoping she will feel the spirit strong and maybe have a desire to start investigating herself! I love seeing the miracles of the lord! I love that is was easter this sunday! We had a great meeting with our district and were able to share our testimonies of the Savior. I was able to think and ponder about all of the sweet and sacred experiences I have had with getting to know my savior better! I love this gospel! I love the feeling that fills me up every time I testify of the truthfulness that we have prophets on the earth today!! That the Book of Mormon is true, and most importantly that Christ lives and is our Savior! I love the story of Alma the Younger and he feelings of extreme anguish from feeling his sins and then the other extreme of feeling exquisite Joy through the Atonement. This is our message to the world! Christ lives he came to this earth and died for us that we might one day live again. He established his church long ago so that the people could know how to be saved. We have that same pure gospel here on earth again! It is only through the Gospel of Jesus Chirst that we are truly happy. I know that. Because I have nothing here. I have my clothes my food and my testimony, and I have never been happier in my life. I know that it is because I am helping my Savior and helping others come unto him and taste of that Joy that is Eternal! What greater work is there?
I love you all!
Hermana Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment