Friday, March 16, 2012

HEY FAMILY!!!

I have some new news! We just got transfer news this morning and well
this is the news......drumrollllllllllll.....I am staying in MaipĂș
again annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd TRAINING!!!! AGAIN!!! This is my third time
and so I think I will be here till I finish the mission. To top it all
off I am training a Latin!!! So Wednesday morning I go to the offices
to pick her up. Its sweet because Hermana Bedke the first one I
trained is coming here as well and we are opening a new area for
Hermanas here and she is training too!! So I will get to see my
daughter train and get to know my granddaughter in the mission!!!! So
sweet! So I am nervous and excited all at the same time. I am sure the
Lord has some big things for me to learn these last 2
transfers.....and I am excited to see what the Lord has in store for
me. So this week has been pretty interesting! Haha. There was this day
that we went to see one of our investigators and after we left we were
walking down the street and we walked past this truck and there had to
be at least 10 guys all standing around it and as soon as we started
walking past they just started cheering really loud everyone and it
was just so funny! We felt like super stars!!! I was like geeeeez now
I know what famous people feel like! haha. Anyways and then we also
had a couple of guys ask for our phone number this week and tell them
they love us etc. I just laugh at how these people have no shame! So
we just ignore them all and walk away. This has happened my whole
mission but this last week it was just particularily funny so I
thought I would just share that with you. We got this great reference
from Godoy Cruz and it was great we are teaching him now and he will
hopefully be baptized in April.....so weird to think that its almost
April but it makes me excited to think that conference is just around
the corner and I just can´t wait to listen! So we have been getting
dropped by like all of our investigators for no reason at all and we
were getting pretty down but we are just doing a lot of finding at the
moment just trying to get things moving...so pray for us that we will
find those ready to hear the gospel. So something else funny this week
is that we went to this house of this family that is menos activo and
we were standing there and were thinking it looked kinda funny that it
didn´t look the same but we went and knocked anyways and right after I
knocked the door Hermana Haskell looks at me and says this isn´t there
house and I look up that the numeration and their name wasn´t
there.....I just said yep...and this lady opened the door right at
that moment and I just was like HEY We are missionaries from
the........and we invited her to listen to us. She gave us this big
excuse and told us to come back some other time. We left and we just
laughed forever because it was just so funny. Something else we did
fun this week was have a FHE with a member family and their non-member
cousin...he is like 8 or 9 anyways we taught them how to make banana
pancakes an it was sooooo good. They turned out great and they all
loved them and then we taught everyone the Ten Commandments with all
the signs to remember them. It was a fun activity and they all really
enjoyed it. All the little kids came up to us on Sunday at church and
were telling us all about how they were talking about the ten
commandments the other day etc. It was really cool to see the fruits
of our labors and that they actually listened. Also they had loaned
out the church this week so the city could do some social work for the
handicapped people and it was really cool. We got a call Friday to go
and give out Books of Mormon and pamphlets and we went there and they
had some big official people from the city and province etc. So we
were able to present them all with those and I think that we may or
may not have been on the local news here for it. So I am officaly
famous! haha. Just kidding. So its been a crazy week with just trying
to find new investigators and help our other investigators progress or
pass for them to teach them and not being able to get ahold of
anyone!. Its so frustrating! But we just have to be patient and try to
do our best. We also taught a lesbian this week that was interesting
but really cool. She just starting telling us all about this stuff and
told her that we believe we have divine gender and that we have the
purpose of creating children to complete Gods plan and she liked that
so we are going to go back and try to get her started reading the Book
of Mormon. Its so strange this time in the mission. I feel like there
are so many things that I need to be doing and achieving but that I
need to just focus on the simple things like Charity, Faith, and
listening to the spirit. I was studying about Faith an Hope this week
and recieved a lot of personal revelation of things that I have been
praying for the last few weeks. So that was really good. I really love
the scriptures and I really want to get myself even more into them. I
have a goal this week to read a lot more and to try to apply
everything I learn during that day. Anyways there is this guy that we
always see in the street and he is just always on something I swear
and he is a little crazy. So today we were talking to him and got a
picture with him. He is so funny and he just makes me laugh so much!
So I will try to attach a photo here of us with him. Thats it for this
week so wait for next weeks update on my new comp an our crazy
adventures!!!!

Love you all!!!
Hermana Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment