Monday, October 3, 2011


Hey Family!

So this week has been such a rollercoaster of emotions and events that I am not really sure where to start. We had transfers on Wednesday and Hermana Wilde and I took a bus up to Mendoza and she had to catch another one to San Juan and I had to go to the offices to get my new companion fresh from the MTC! So saying goodbye to H. Wilde was really hard. We grew so close and I consider her one of my best friends. But it was a quick goodbye (just like ripping off a bandaid it hurts but its fast) then H. Ricks (the other Hermana training) and I ran to get a taxi and head to the offices. We arrived a were greeted with a large breakfast....so good. Then we had some training. They have this new training program that is from Salt Lake and it is sooooo incredible!! Its for 2 transfers so I will be with my new companion Hermana John for 2 transfers. But we have this booklet and it tells us all the things we need to be studying together etc. This program is to help all those being trained be able to train after their first 2 transfers. They have evidence Elder Tillman (yes mom) was there its his third transfer and he is training! So cool!! His Spanish is really good already though. So that will be really cool! I love it though I am learning so much. But it was really good the training and everything. My companion Hermana John is from North Carolina and she is cool. She likes to do theater and other stuff like that so its cool. We get along good and she should be pretty easy to train as she already has a good basic knowledge of the language. Hahah definately not like me when I came. So Hermana Gutierrez and Hermana Pelton went home this last transfer and its so weird to think!!! Especially Hermana Pelton as she had the same time I do in the mission or a little less and she is home now!! Time has flown!! So ya we came back that night after receiving training in the offices and I have been fighting off an infection for the last 2 days and it finally settled in on the bus so that wasnt fun and my right foot was hurting really bad and was really swolen anyways so Friday rolls around and seriously my foot is hurting really bad I have a bad infection in my head and I had to take a nap in the siesta because I couldnt even think. I woke up and my foot was an angry red all around my scar and my head was pounding. So I went and showed the other Hermanas and they called a member who is a nurse and I called the mission nurse. She told me to go to the hospital here and have a doctor take a look at it. So we ended up meeting up with one of the members from the Hermanas barrio and after waiting for about 3 hours we got in and a doctor took a look. She said it is just filled with infection and she wasnt going to cut it open because it would just explode and have a more serious risk of getting more infected so I was just like oh joy!! So she gave me some antibiotics and I have to wash my foot with this antibacterial soap twice a day and then put manzanilla tea soaked guaze on my foot (its herbal dont worry) haha. And then like an iodine type thing with gauze covering it for the day. Well lets just say that its working!! The infection is going down and I am feeling a lot better. I feel kinda bad. My poor body has just been fighting infection for sooooo long I feel. But I am going back to the same doctor this week to see if its all good so dont worry. I am being well taken care of. So ya this week has been a little tough from missing Hermana Wilde a lot and being sick and having this infection. Conference was just the thing to help me push through it. I loved it so much. Just like Scotty was saying when you are on the mission conference is so much more powerful I think because we are just so focused on the things of the lord or should be all the time and enveloped in the spirit. I felt so much peace and calm as I heard the voice of the prophet and the 12 and the other speakers and the wonderful music. I loved it so much. It was cool thinking that you were all there watching it at the same time as I was even though it was 1 in the afternoon here and 10 in the morning there. I still felt pretty excited at the chance to see you.....but no luck! Oh well. Anyways I am feeling really blessed right now and I know God is blessing us so much and I am learning so much from training again. Its funny I am always praying for God to help me be a better person and missionary and the learn the things he wants me to learn and so he calls me to train again.....dang it! hahaha. No its a great opportunity to learn and grow so I am excited for that. I just never feel qualified enough to train is all. But the lord always qualifies those whom he calls so I at least have that promise to help me feel better!

Anyways this next week should be interesting. I look forward to getting things back to normal and getting back to work. Thanks so much for all the support and love I feel it and need it everyday.

I love you all!
Hermana Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment