Monday, October 24, 2011

HEY FAMILY!!

This week we had a milagro!!! Do you remember the woman we have been working with forever who was struggling with smoking....well she has had about 20 different fetchas for baptism which always keep falling because she would always smoke! So this week the traveling asistants came and they were helping out our zone with all our investigators. They came with us to see her and let me just tell you. She completely changed! We went the next day and she was like chicas I am not going to smoke anymore!! We were like NOOOOOO WAY!!!!! We were so happy! So we passed all the time this last weekend and between us and the elders she didnt even have a chance to smoke and Saturday she was baptized!!!! Sunday confirmed!! It litterally was a miracle! I was so happy and excited for her I couldnt even sleep the night before!!! It was so funny she went around to all the kioscos and told them all not to sell her cigarrettes because she wasnt going to smoke anymore! She has had desire but she said now she understands. She said we were always telling her this but sometimes you just need someone else to tell you. The asistents were those other people. It was awesome because her daughter and her daughters mother in law came to the baptism who both are not members and they really felt the spirit strong. Hermana John and I sang Joseph Smiths first prayer to the music of come thou fount and it was so powerful the spirit was so strong there and it was such a beautiful baptism. She was just soooo happy and just kept telling us it. She said all her neighbors were getting mad at her asking her why she was meeting with us and that we were a cult and she was just like whatever!! They dont even know!! I was so happy to see her begin to defend the church and her testimony is growing everyday. What a miracle and blessing. Tonight we are going to have a FHE with another one of our inv. with a member family and some menos activos so its going to be really good. We are going to teach them how to make German Pancakes!! Its going to be fun. 

So today we got a big surprise. The zone leaders called us last night and wanted to know what we Hermanas were going to be doing today this morning at like  10 so we said nothing and they told us to be at our church at 10 so we got up and did our studies cleaned a big got ready and headed to the church. We were a bit skepticle of what we were going to be doing and we walked into the church and the 2 zone leaders had prepared breakfast for us 4 hermanas!! They had a table all set up with china and drinks and facturas etc. It was sooooooooo nice of them! We were shocked!! So we ate together and just visited and chatted One of them is from Buenos Aires and the other is from Panama. So it was really fun. They after that we got invited by one of the members in one of the elders areas to an asado. So almost all of our zone went and it was really fun! We had churi pan (which is like a smokie sort of) and we just had fun. Then we had a little testimony meeting thing and then to end it the mom sang and played the guitar to folklore music. I loved it so much!! I was just enjoying it and so content. So that was fun. Really to feel like a family with everyone and just really to be part of the culture. So Hermana John and I have some great plans for the end of the transfer for our next transfer together. I cannot believe how fast the time is going on the mission. I have 4 transfers left.....that just makes me sad. I feel like I dont ever want to leave but at the same time I feel like I want to continue on and use what I have learned here and apply it to my life back home........but for now this is my home and I am just trying to do everything I can to have success and enjoy the mission.

We are going to be looking for a ton of news this next week since we just baptized one of our investigators and so that will be good to get some fresh blood in here. We feel like we are going to really change around this barrio and we are excited!  This week we have conferences with Presidente Avila and we are having a 70 here who is in the area presidency for America Sur. Its going to be really really good so I am pretty excited for that. And Dr. Hollingsworth will be here this week to. So that will be good to see him and let him check out my feet. I think they are doing fine but we will see what he has to say about them. They feel much better because I was able to pop out of the the last internal stiches about a week or so ago.....so we will see I guess. Other than that this week has been great I am really going to miss a lot of the people and friends I have met here when they leave. We are having transfers here in 2 weeks. So I will stay with Hna. John again. So its going to be good. We hope to get a ton of baptisms! :)

Anyways I hope you are all doing well thanks for the letters and for everything you do for me. I love you all!!

LOVE.
Hermana Anderson

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARTIN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment