Saturday, October 15, 2011

Hey Fam!

So this week has been great but I forgot to tell you 
something that happened like 2 weeks ago. As you 
know one of the mission curses is getting bit by a dog 
among other things. Hermana Wilde and I were in the 
church with a investigator about to Finding Faith in Christ
 but we didnt have the remote to change the langauge and
 so we ran to one of the members house so we could get 
the key to the room it was in. So we are running. (Yes skirts
 and all...the people just stare at us its quite funny actually)
 Anyways so we are running and we pass this house and I 
was on the inside closer to the houses and all of a sudden 
this huge dog just jumps out and bite me on the hip! I was like
 WOAH!!!!! But I just kept running I didnt stop. Which was a 
blessing because I was running ¨soooo fast¨¨ haha but really 
the momentum of me running would allow the dog to really get
 a good bite so I just kinda ran through it. I was very very blessed!
 Anyways I succesfully evaded that one! Also we saw these two 
little little dogs in the street yesterday and it was raining and so they
 were soaked and looked really mangy and ugly and H. John and I 
were just laughing and thinking they were some ugly dogs and I think
 we said that out loud right in front of them. They were just looking at 
us calmly but as soon as we called them ugly they seriously attacked
 us and were barking so loud and trying to bite our ankles we were laughing
 and running so fast it was so funny. Who knew dogs can have the 
gift of tounges too!!!!  Also before I forget mom there is a mission blog
 its argentinamendozamission.blogspot.com.

Okay now for this week. So its been a rainy week for two reasons
 one because we had 2 or 3 days of just strait gloom and rain on 
and off. But also I feel like God has been raining down blessing 
on me. I have really been trying for a while now to figure out how
 I can be a better missionary and I have been really trying to apply
 what I learned from President Avila in the work and I have really 
been trying to apply all of that this week. What a difference!! I seriously
 dont know how to explain it but this has been such an incredible week.
 I feel like I have changed so much! In just one week like a great growth
 has taken place. I have refocused the way Hermana John and I work 
and we have seen success. We found 2 girls well sisters that live together
 and taught them 2 times this week left them with The Book of Mormon 
and they have been reading and praying. They didnt come to church but 
we arent sure why so we are going to stop by tonight and see what happened
. But seriously I felt like I was doing everything I could this week but in a better
 way than before. I feel like God is helping me with this new focus to have for 
organization in my mind and in the work. We have a lot of people that we have 
dates for baptism within the next month and we are just working with them and 
trying to get them to church which seems to be the hardest thing to do for some 
reason. But we are going to continue to do so.....So ya its been really wonderful
 to see this change in myself and to really see a maturing process take place. I 
am so grateful for the decision I made to come on the mission. It litterally has 
changed my life. I cant imagine what my life would have been like without the 
things that I am learning here. I was reading in Mosiah 5:2 the other day and it 
has become one of my favorite scriptures how it talks about a mighty change of
 heart and how that change comes through the spirit and how when we experience
 this change we have no more desire to do evil. I was thinking about the mission 
and about how here it is like that if you want it to be. You loose your desire to do 
things that before were fine to do. Even things that you have to question if they are
 okay here you just say no. I love that and I never want to loose it. That is really 
true conversion when you litteraly loose the desire to partake in the evil things of 
the world. We all need to really look inside and ask ourselves that question sometimes.
 What are we willing to sacrifice. I have been thinking a lot about addictions lately as
 we are still working with one of our investigators who has a smoking problem and just 
thinks that she cannot quit. I was pondering one day about what we could share with 
her and I kept thinking about how smart Satan is. He always takes things that are pure
 and good and true and twists just a part or portion of it. Well I was thinking about how 
as children of God we crave that connection with Him. We have that connection through
 the Holy Ghost. We recieve feelings of peace, happiness, joy, etc. These are the 
feelings that everyone wants. Satan knows this so he tries to mimic these feelings 
he cannot ever mimic or create peace so he tries to do things that help us feel like 
we are calm or really happy etc. Drugs or addictions for example. When someone is
 on drugs they are on a high and feel unstoppable or really happy or tranquilo etc. 
When we have the Spirit which is also addicting in a way we have so much happiness
 and peace etc. So Satan knows that so he confuses the world to think that is how you
 get those feelings and that you can get it easily. Whereas with the Spirit you have the
 work for it. But when we are working we are progressing when we just do things the easy 
way we are stagnant. I love it the brethren talk sometimes how being a memeber of The 
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints is not easy.....there is a weight to it. But just 
like exercising without that weight we don´t really gain the muscle or progress. That weight
 or responsability is there to help not hinder us. I know that is true because I have really felt
 that in the mission. Yesterday we had such a beautiful testimony meeting and I felt the spirit
 so strong and as I testified about the Gospel and about Jesus Christ I felt the words ring true
 in my heart. There is no place I would rather be right now. Does that mean that this is easy?
 Absolutely not...but I wouldn´t have it any other way. I have learned things here in this short
 time that I would never have learned at home or maybe I would have but over a long long
 period of time. One of the most important things I think I am learning (which was touched
 on at conference which I LOVED) is really what is our purpose here in this life. I feel like
 sometimes we feel like we understand the Plan of Salvation. Yes our goal is to return and
 live with God and our families forever. We do that through sacred ordinances and the
 priesthood power but we sometimes forget that we are here to be like Christ. When we
 took upon His name at baptism I don´t know if we fully realized what that meant. We 
litterally need to do what He would do if He were here. What would He do? Dedicate His
 life in the service of His Fathers work. Litterally dedicate everything. Use His talents His 
creativity etc. That is why we are given those things. We need to focus not just on helping
 our immediate family to return back to Him but to help everyone. We don´t have to be 
on a mission to be missionaries. We need to dedicate our lives to furthering the work of 
the Lord. We need to be examples of the believers in action thought in word and deed like
 it says in Timothy. We need to look for every opportunity to share our testimonies with 
others not to be pushy or anything like that but to invite people to drink from the water that
 will give them life eternal. The only water that will do so. So what are we here for? To be
 like Christ......we need to love everyone and serve everyone like He did.

So that has just been some of my thoughts this week and I am sorry if that sounds like
 I am up on my soap box I just feel like God is showing me what I need to be doing with
 my life not just here on the mission . But after too. That is why we are here. We need to
 be instruments in His hands to bring out His work. I love this work I know that it is the 
most important work in the world and I am so proud to be here in the mission a part of it.
 I am so blessed with amazing parents that taught me correct principles as a kid and 
helped me grow up with an incredible faith in God. For incredible Brothers and Sisters 
who continue to amaze me and teach me so much through their examples and wise words.
 I feel so blessed and lucky to have had the life I have as I look at the people around me
 everyday. I know who I am and where I come from and more importantly where I am going.
 The Gospel is True and it is the only Truth. What a blessing. I am just filled with gratitude
 and Love for this work and our Heavenly Father.....Thanks for everything all your support
 and Love. I feel it everyday and it strengthens me when I am weak. I love you all and I 
will talk to you next week!!  H. Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment