Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Hey Family
So I have decided that my letters as of late have been quite serious and I dont want you to think that I never have any fun here in the misiĆ³n so I decided this week will be dedicated to my favorites.
I dedicate this letter to you Hilary you inspired the topic.
WHY I LOVE ARGENTINA
1.       1. I love this country so much I love the beautiful scenery the campo and the humility that many of the people have. You really can feel it here.
2.       2. I love that the boys all have mullets or rat tails and the girls still wear clothes from the 80´s. The 80´s is big here and they work it well!
3.       3. I love all the little street vendors that sell everything from fruit to magazines to touristy stuff to underwear. It just love them all!
4.       4. I love the smell of panaderias! They are little bakery shops that sell bread and factures (pastry type things) It smell like heaven! Especially when you are starving its tastes like heaven too!
5.       5. I love the people all ride bicycles here. It doesn’t matter if your 2 or 92 everyone is on a bike and sometimes there is a whole family on one bike. I would never have believed it possible but these people are very innovative and think of everything I swear!
6.       6. I love that they have a holiday just about every other week it seems and just for whatever thing. And that birthday´s are soooo important here they have huge fiestas even if it´s for your second cousin twice removed!
7.       7. I love that in just about every dish we eat with people there is eggs and mayonnaise…..yes it is possible I know what your thinking….. J
8.       8. I love walking around and seeing everyone drinking their matte and just talking and visiting. The people here really love to visit and just have a good time…sometimes I think we need to do that a little more and stress a little less.
9.       9. I love that anywhere I walk in the streets I hear music whether its from the kids and their cell phones or its from the peoples houses. It just makes it a little more special when your walking down a tree enclosed street and all you can hear is Italian Spanish music….it just speaks to your soul.
10.   10. I love that everyone is so affectionate here. If you walk into a room or someone else does or just joins a group everyone gets besoed. (kissed) or (hand shakes from the boys for us Hermanas ;)  ) But no I really love it because it really sets you at ease and you instantly feel welcome.
These are just the ten reasons I could think of, of why I love Argentina so much. So these are just blessings on top of the ones we get for being missionaries. What a great blessing it is! There is something powerful in looking for reasons why you love something or someone because instead of focusing on the bad you think on the good and then you forget why you didn’t like something. That is something I am trying more this transfer…..to try and see the good in everyday and every person. A reason to love them, the way God loves them. It is going to help me develop a lot more Charity,which is something we as missionaries but really every person needs if we really want to be like Christ. We had mothers day here in Argentina yesterday and it was really special to walk around and see everyone buying flowers or something special for their moms. It made me think about my mom and how special and important she is to me. We are so blessed to have you mom. Sometimes we may not show it but you really are the best and one of my biggest examples. I love you so much and hope you know that even if I am down here in Argentina I still talk to my investigators and my companions about you and your example to me. So thank you for everything you do!  I LOVE YOU!
That’s it for this week I will try to come up with something a little different for next week so look for that!
LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Hermana Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment