Monday, September 26, 2011

Hey from San Rafael Barrio 2 again. Well we just found out whats happening with transfers and.........H. Anderson........se queda!!! So I am staying and........I am training again!! So I am a little freaked out and nervous to be doing this again. Obviously I didn't do it right the first time with H. Bedke right hahaha. So no I am excited and it should be interesting to train in the area where I was trained! Crazy! So H. Wilde is going to San Juan!! I love San Juan and she will love it. I am going to miss her so much though. She really is one of my best friends and its going to be tough saying goodbye but I know she needs to be up there and I need to be here to learn more. So also H. Gutierrez called me this morning because she is finishing her mission this transfer and she is going home tomorrow morning!! So weird!!! So that was really hard to to say goodbye to her. She was crying I was crying and she just was nervous and anxious at the same time. I feel like today has been hard because I am saying goodbye to two of my best friends in one day. But hey......that's what life is about....

So yes this last week was a little tough our investigator that has a smoking addiction smoked a day before her baptism so we had to cancel it. But we are definitely going to get her baptized this next transfer and also we found some great people for this transfer that is coming up. So I am excited. We found this boy that's 22 and he is so great. He hasn´t heard anything about our church. He didn't know what a prophet was and just believes in God and Christ and has a ton of faith in them. So we taught him and he is just so great. We invited him to church on Sunday and you have to realize that that is about he hardest thing to do is to get people to church here. Its always a struggle. But we called him the night before and he said he would meet us and so we went to pick up another investigator who ended up not being there so we arrived a little late to church but we walk in to sacrament meeting and he is sitting there in his track suit!! We were sooooo excited! He was so great he was listening and was singing the hymns and everything. He even stayed for the gospel principles class which was great because sometimes they don't do that. So that was awesome and we learned about the millennium and I felt bad because he doesn't even have a basic knowledge of these things but he listened really well and when we asked him if he had questions he was like well I think I will understand it better when I have learned more....so we were like YESSSSSS!!! So that was a total blessing and we are going to work with him more and hopefully get him baptized! So ya. Also I forgot to tell you last week that we ate lunch with some members here that are great and we ate an asado.....which is like a barbecue but a little different and its famous here in Argentina but we ate a whole pig! It was awesome. I even ate some brain.....ya it was not so awesome but hey I had to at least try it. So something funny that happened was that we were eating just yesterday with the same members that we had the asado with last Sunday and we were telling them that we make this really great dessert called German pancakes with this apple cinnamon and so I was telling them this and the spanish word for pancakes is panqueques. (pan k k´s) but I accidently said pan kuh kuhs which directly translate means poop bread hahahahahahahahah. They didnt know whether to laugh or not cause they are always really kind about helping us feel good about ourselves even if we dont speak perfect and I was laughing so hard and H. Wilde and so they all saw that it was okay and began to laugh....it was pretty funny. I felt so stupid haha. Hope that made you laugh. It was sooooo cold this week too. We have had days that are already in the 30´s and then one day we go out and it was like 8 degrees but raining and it was soooooooo cold cause we just had like out blazers on so by the time we got back to the pench we were frozen solid....and then the next day melting from heat. Lets just say that my tan lines have already started and it just started spring here.......I will probably be coming home a tan blonde just so you know what to look for hahaha. I can´t really think of anything else to write. I have a ton of new goals this next transfer I am excited nervous and anxious to get started with everything soooo wish me luck!!! We are going to tear it up this transfer.
Love you all!
H. Anderson



No comments:

Post a Comment