Monday, October 31, 2011

HEY FAMILY / HAPPY HALLOWEEN (They dont celebrate halloween here.... so sad)

Well its starting to get hotter now and I am starting to get a little tan....my hair might not make it through another summer here....its getting so much blonder...so wierd....oh well. So this has beena  great week. Elder and Hermana Hollingsworth came and it was soooo good to see them. It was so funny we were in a cita and we had to finish it up and then run like 30 mins back to the pench and so we called the Hermanas and they just ran around the pench cleaning everything really fast and bleaching everything..hahahahah so funny. So they were waiting outside our apt. building and as we walked up Dr. Hollingsworth just walked up and I put my hand out to shake his and he just grabbed me in a hug I was like like oh uh...uh.. hahaha. He was like I am hugging you....this is for your parents..haha. Then I gave a big hug to Hermana Hollingsworth. It was so strange they kept calling me Rebecca and the other hermanas were there and some elders from the offices and so I was just feeling so out of place haha. So he was all ready to do a surgery and didnt have to so it was a blessing really. He did check out my knee cause its been getting worse and he said he thinks I need to get a surgery when I get home.....lovely....Anyways so it was good to see them and I know he was happy to have been able to come down and get so much of the work done. So funny. God really does work in mysterious ways....Anyways then we have zone conference and President Aidukaitis from the area 70 came to train us....so funny story we all went up to shake his hand and he read my name tag and was like anderson anderson.......did you have a sister that just married an owens? I was shocked and said yes just barely....so he was like he was one of my missionaries in Brazil! So he was Danes mission President! So funny such a small world! So that was kinda cool. Anyways his training was seriously incredible! I learned so much about faith and how to work better and all about the right way to plan ect. We are going to completely change the way we have been doing things and have so much more success. So I was really grateful for that. So also we found this man last week who was super depressed and has lots of problems and was suicidal at one point and anyways we talked to him and taught him a little outside and he came to church this Sunday and loved it. We are going to baptize him either this weekend or the one after so we are super stoked for that. So the other Hermanas in our pench had this golden family in their area that they baptized on Saturday and we went to it and it was beautiful but the funny thing was they were evangelico before and one of their friends from their old church came and knocked on their door at 7 in the morning saturday the day of their baptism and just started telling them they were making a terrible mistake etc and telling them all this anti mormon stuff and so they called the Hermanas and they went over and taught them for like 3 hours it was so intense! Satan is working so hard here. We really feel it. Anyways I have really felt him too. Attacking me in many different ways. I know we are going to have lots of success this next transfer together so I just need to buckle down and push through it and God will help us. Anyways today I bought a dress for my birthday mom hope that was okay. It was really really cute and pretty cheap soooooo THANKS! I also got the package but I havent opened it yet I made one of the other Hermanas open and check if it was the birthday package it they checked and said yes and then hid it so I couldnt look. So Friday I will open that up. Thanks so much!!!!! It actually one of our zone leaders birthdays too Elder Obaldia on Saturday the 5th so we are going to do something fun. Anyways I cant think of anything else. I hope everything goes well with your party and that you all have a lot of fun. I would love it if someone could send some pictures of it and mom also if you could send me some pictures of you and dad all dressed up. That would be great. Oh ya I forgot. Tommorow Hermana John are doing an English Fast.....no more English....so we will see how that goes...

LOVE YOU!!

Hermana Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment