Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sorry that last e-mail got all messed up and sent. So anyways I got my travel plans and I am so excited!! This week was hard but good. On Friday I am sad to say that I almost had a nervous breakdown. Not even kidding. We had so much going on that day and the next week that my mind literally just snapped. I just sat in the class right before planning and stared at the bored. I couldn't think in Spanish and I couldn't think in English. I was so discouraged and frustrated that I couldn't be in control of my mind. AHHH so frustrating. So then we went back to the appartment and I knelt down for prayer that night and just poured my heart out to Heavenly Father. I told him there was no way I could have another day with this kind of frustration etc. I told him that I knew it was satan trying to get me down especially this last week especially with everything that has been happening in the last few weeks. Then I just prayed for protection to be around me and my mind that I would be able to focus and be able to feel his hand guiding me and help me do what I need to get done. I went to sleep that night, and when I woke up in the morning I was extremely calm.....it was seriously like watching a hurricane and then the eye of the storm. Friday was like my hurricane and then Saturday was just so calm....my comp. and the sister in my district were like woah....you seem really really calm today. I was just at complete peace with God and everything. I really needed that and it was perfect way to end a stressful week. Look for those kinds of blessings in your like God gives them to us more than we think. Especially when we pray for specific things. The Lord truly loves His missionaries and I have seen that more in this past week than ever before. This week is going to be hectic and crazy because we are prepping for leaving and we have lots of meetings lots of teaching appointments and we will have lots of goodbyes. I am pretty sure I am the worst person at goodbyes. I hate it. But my teacher told me something way cool that helped me a lot. She said "The real trajedy isn't goodbyes its sin" Its so true. If we are doing the best we can and are trying to follow God then we don't have to worry about goodbyes because we have all eternity! Spanish is coming along slowly still. I have grown a little more this week. It is frustrating but I am at the point now where I just trust that God will bless me if I do everything I can to work hard. So I try... I am really excited to go to Argentina!!  I think we will be staying at the MTC there or something and then move on the Mendoza soon after. Its going to be a looooooon journey but I am excited for this new chapter. So we had the sweetest lesson in Relief society about how our lives are like books and each day is a new page. We are starting a new chapter in our lives and we need to make sure that we make those close to us look like heroes in our books and just lots of diff. things I really enjoyed it. The speaker served in Argentina with her husband for something so we went and talked to her after and it was awesome. Then inn Sacrament Meeting we were challenged to read Heb. 11. Look for those examples of faith in your life. So I encourage you to try it its really cool!
Sister Anderson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment