Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hey family!
Well this week has been good. It has been super cold here the past few days. Below freezing. With he humidity here that makes it really really cold. But I pushed through it like a champ and I am still alive. We were able to find some new investigatores this week while we were walking and we had a super good lesson with them yesterday. I absolutely love the gospel. There is no greater joy than walking out of a lesson and knowing that you have just helped someone come closer to Christ by receiving the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I love it here. Its so hard somedays but so worth it. I honestly dont feel like writing anything today and if anything I just want to write in spanish. I know thats wierd but thats kinda how I feel. hahaha This next week I am pumped to see some good things happen. We had one of our investigators come to church in dress pants and a collar shirt and he was waving at me because he was excited! hahaha The best part is is that he is like in his 40's hahaha. I gave a talk yesterday in sacrament meeting about the holy ghost. I have been reading David A. Bednars new book "Increase in Learning." and I have seen and learned that action invites the spirit. Even if we are reading the scriptures we wont learn much if we dont first act by sayinga  prayer and asking for the spirit to teach us during our study. Without the spirit we wont learn anything. Pretty much my mind is getting blown by all of the docterine I am learning. hahah Then after sacrament we had to go teach the young men and young womens class on the spot because the teacher didn't show up and it was super sweet. I love the youth. Another Elder and myself were able to really engage all of the youth and they loved it! We taught to their needs and their understanding. Well actually it was the spirit 100%. I just love the youth of the church. They are the future and without them we are nothing. It makes me want to teach seminary super bad. hahah pretty much every missionary says that at one point or another I am sure. haha anyways keep it real and have an amazing week. I love ya
E. Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment