Monday, February 27, 2012

Hey Family!
So.. this week I have come to the realization that I am getting fat. I swear its one of those things that just creep up on you and before you know it your carrying around another 15 pounds around your waist or neck... Ok maybe not that much but I dont think I am going to send anymore pictures home and when I come through the doors of the airport into the Motherland we will see if you recognize me. Anyways....  This week was super sweet. We definatly saw some answers to all the prayers we were offering in the past weeks. We were able to commit 2 people to baptism this week and they are preparing for March to be baptized. We have seen alot more success as we just try to give it everything we have and leave the rest up to the Lord. Like it says in Docertine and Covanents "I the Lord am bound when ye do what I say, but when ye do not what I say ye have no promise." One funny experience we had was we stopped by these two guys we taught and they seemed super interested. When we first met them one of the roomates told us they weren't there and I was like wait they dont live here and I was like are you sure they aren't home? haha long story short they heard us and were like hey. hahaha so they let us in and that guy went to the back of the apartment because aparently didn't want to learn hahaha. So we stopped by and knocked and the door opens like the the width of 2 quarters together so you can barely see anything.. Like I could barely see this little eye and I was like uhh... como esta hermano.. hahahaha and I started laughing and then they just closed the door and we stood there for like 2 minutes and realized he probably wasn't going to open the door so we just left. hahahahah It was super funny. there are some really funny people out here. I love being a missionary. We had one of the people we have been trying to teach have alot more interest in learning. He had been coming to church for the past 5 or 6 weeks in a row and he just told us how he has seen and huge difference in his life and in the life of his family. (They are all members). He said there is alot less contention and he has seen alot of his guilt and sorrow leave as he is trying to follow Jesus Christ more. It was a good testimony builder to me at the importance of Church Attendance, it is a place where we can receive personal revelation! He told us that he started to read the Book of Mormon by himself and that at church they were talking about the same things that he had read and he got alot of answers to his questions! Sweet eh!? Anyways, I loev being about here and seeing people willingly choose to follow the Savior. I love it so much more that I can choose to be humble rather than being compelled to be humble.. I love you all!
E. Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment