Monday, February 27, 2012

Hey Family
So this week had its ups and downs. It was really tough but because
God loves his missionaries he threw in a couple of blessings for us to
keep our heads above the water. So we have been working with these two
investigators for a transfer and a half now and the boyfriend has got
his answer. He knows this is the true church and wants to be baptized.
But not without her....so its tough. She is reading the Book of Mormon
and praying and everything. The other day we were teaching her with a
member who is a recent convert who is amazing and we asked him if he
could give her a blessing of comfort and advice...etc. Anyways we
explained about the Priesthood and everything and she accepted. It was
a beautiful blessing and she really felt the spirit. We went back a
different day and were following up with her and she really loved the
blessing she says that since she received it she has felt that her
prayers have been so much more sincere and that she has desire to pray
even when she forgets in the night that she gets up out of bed and
prays and says that she doesn´t feel tired when she is praying! We
were so exicted and told her that God is trying to answer her prayers.
We asked her if she thought this was an answer to her prayers
etc...among other things she has experienced as answers and she said
yes. So we committed her to be baptized this weekend and hope
everything goes well so they can both be baptized!! So please pray for
them! Anyways so we woke up the other morning and I went to get up out
of bed and just felt a sharp pain in my back in the right lower part
of my back! I was like OH!! Anyways it hurt to walk to sit anything
but lay down. Luckily Hermana Haskell worked with the physical therapy
people in college and her major is health and she had to massage a lot
of the athletes so she gave me a deep tissue massage and it felt a
little better. But it was still really sore. So I rested most of the
day and we went out in the night. It just hurt standing there so we
had to keep walking etc. It was tough but I took some pain killers and
it helped take the edge off. So anyways 3 days later and its still
sore but I feel better than I did. So I am really not sure what
happened unless I was sleepwalking and did something. So weird. So
between me and Hilary we are old ladies now! haha. I am glad to hear
everything is good at home that Baby Clara is healthy and doing well.
I want to say thanks Mom and Dad for always being such great parents I
love you a tons. And miss you all a lot. But I know why I am here and
helping other people have the love we have in our family and more
importantly an eternal family is the most important thing there is. So
thanks mom and dad. Also I want to challenge you all to try to start
looking for people to teach. A family to share the gospel with. Invite
them over for a Family Home Evening etc. Whatever it might but. The
Lord will direct you to those who are ready. Every member a
missionary. I know God will help you find someone that needs the
Gospel so let him use you all to bless the lives of others. I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment