Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Hey Family and Friends!

So I would just like to start out this letter to let all of you know
that I am engaged! Yes I know! I was walking to the cyber to come
email you and we walked by this man standing by the wall and we just
said hello to him and after we passed we heard him say ¨Hey can I ask
you a question?¨ I we turned around and I said yes. He looked at me
and said will you marry me? I just stood there like sorta confused and
said what? Then he asked me again hahahaha. So I explained that we are
missionaries and that we are here to preach the gospel not get married
then he said that didn´t matter. So then I told him I was dedicated to
the lord for this time and he said what lord? I pointed to the sky and
he just said well we are all going there I said exactly thats why we
are here helping people understand how. So then he just said great so
you can marry me then. I was like no no no. I am smelling the alcohol
on his breath quite strong at this point and finally just told him I
couldn´t because I have a boyfriend back home....(I don´t think God
will judge me for that little white lie if it was for my protection).
Then he was like oh.........well......so then we started walking away
smiling and waving and just saying bye have a good day
hahahahahahahaha. So my Zone Leader just left the cyber and told me to
give him my invite when I get them finished! hahaha. So there ya go! I
guess if all else fails I have options here in Argentina! hahaha.

So this was a pretty awesome week. We had a lot of really good things
happen in our area. First of all we have been trying to work more with
part member families and we worked with this family whoose dad is not
a member and we went over to have lunch with them. Anyways the mom
wanted to take about 100 pictures with us with her and her husband and
the daughters we basically felt like celebreties and I was just
laughing because it was the first time we had met the mom and the dad.
HAHA. Anyways so we had a good lunch with them and then we were just
visiting and Hermana Haskell told them that I can beat box (sort of)
So we did a rap song with them and the Dad LOVED it! He was just
staring at us in unbelief thinking we were the coolest! So I guess
this is a good thing because he told us we could come back any time!
The daughters told us after that this is the first time he has really
like the missionaries! So we are really being blessed by the lord.
Also we have gotten some great references from members that are just
awesome! We are working with them right now and they want to be
baptized so we are going to work hard with them. This is what real
missionary work is working with the members and getting references and
teaching all of them. So much more effective so please start preparing
all of your friends and neighbors and invite them for family home
evening with the missionaries or invite them to listen. So we had
Elder Auidukities (not sure how to spell it) Dane mission president
from Brasil here in our ward this week working with 2 less active
families. He is one of the area 70 for Argentina Paruguay and Uruguay.
He is a great man. Anyways we went by our investigators this week that
we are teaching and it was so awesome. The boy who is like 22 he and
his girlfriend we are teaching them about the spirit and we ask him if
he knows how to recognize the spirit and he is like ya! I was like oh
really how? Somewhat surprised and he just smiles big and is like well
this week I was praying for my grandpa who is really sick that he
could sleep and while I was praying I just felt my heart pounding
really fast and a really weird feeling in my heart and then my grandpa
fell asleep and was really peaceful. The other night too when I was
reading the Book of Mormon and praying I felt the same thing and when
you were talking about the spirit the other day the same feeling was
in my chest! We just looked at him like he was speaking in Japonese!
Then I asked him if he thought the Book of Mormon was true and these
things are true he just said yes! So we put a fecha for this weekend
for him. We are really excited. He still has a few doubts he said and
we had the zone leaders over at our lesson this week and they
interviewed them both and he will get baptized if his girlfriend will
and she still hasn´t recieved her confirmation but she is praying and
will get it this week for sure. It was really cool though because we
found of that he has been living the Word of Wisdom after we committed
him too and his friends have been inviting him out to drink and he
told them no and they started mocking him and he still didn´t do it!
He is so great!!! So we are really fighting for 2 baptism this
weekend. Our other inv. came to church too this sunday we had 7 in
church and it was a miracle!!! I was so happy because it was fast and
testimony meeting and all the testimonies were sooooo strong and
focused on the Book of Mormon and the True Church and the Holy Ghost
and we were watching our inv. the Boy and he was just nodding and kept
looking and his girl friend and we were just so happy! We have a
family home evening with them tonight with some members and we are
going to watch the restoration with them. So pray for us and for all
of them. One of our members who is going to bolivia on her mission in
March is the friend that gave them to us as a reference and she is
awesome she just gave us her cousin on Sunday who was at church with
them and we went and taught her after and she commited to get baptized
too! We are being so blessed right now in our area we have been
working really really hard and have had lots of trials but we know the
Lord is guiding us and we are trying to be even more obedient and
diligent of being worthy of the blessings. Anyways a great week of
miracles and we are feeling super blessed. Thanks for all the the
letters and cards those is the ward and friend I really feel the love
and support from you all. It means a lot. Especially those days when
we think we are alone out here and we get mail it just makes our day
and week. I love you all and pray for you always!

Hermana Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment