Sunday, July 31, 2011

So what has happened this week. Well lets see. I was sick! ALL week. I was in the pench ALL WEEK!! I was going crazy! But I have a way bad chest cold the beginins of Bronchitis.....but I am much better now. I was feeling so crappy this week a really really bad cough which I still have and a fever chils and congestion...anywyas it was just bad. So I stayed it the nurse told me I needed to rest and I read A LOT I read half of Jesus the Christ!!! Its soooooo good! I love it! I am learning so much about the life of Christ. Its one of my goals is to become more like Him get to know Him....so I have been doing a study about his life. I am reading the New Testament as well. Anyways so it was just a really great week in that sense that I learned a lot. Hermana Gutierrez and I were studying out at the table together one day and just talking about the scriptures and she was telling me something that she discovered and I love it! Its the story of Alma and his people and how Amulon put them in bondage and they were suffering (Alma 24) but they were sufferent they burdens with faith etc. But if you cross reference the word burden it goes to Matthew 11:28-30 which is one of my favorite scriptures and it talks about coming unto Christ and taking our burdens and that we may be blessed with rest and comfort and in the Spanish scriptures there is a cross reference with the D&C 84 o 94 49-50 and it talks about how sin is a burden and I was like that is brillant!! The scripture in Matthew is an invitation to use the Atonement!! I love it! Anyways I know it seems simple but its great. Also yesterday for P-Day eve we did something waaaaaay fun! Sunday night its going to become a tradition now I hope. All four of us gathered around the table and we had a big comp. study. One thing that we studied during the week that we really liked or that really helped us! It was like the BYU channel. When they discuss gospel principles etc. I love it! Anyways something I shared was about the creation. About how the Lord is always using the creation as a symbol for us. They are always examples of the creation in our lives. I love it because I was sharing just some personal goals about how I am trying to re.create myself physicaly and spiritually. So I start with the spiritual and make a plan and I have some great plans because really the whole purpose of the creation of the world was based on Love. Our Heavenly Fathers love for us to be able to obtain bodies and learn and grow. I was thinking about how I need to do the same thing. I need to start with Love. So I am dedicating the rest of this transfer to studying Charity and not only studying and praying for it but really trying to obtain it. Charity is like Faith. Its a verb. An action. We have to do things to be charitable. If we have all the great attributes and keep all the commandments etc and dont have charity we are nothing! So if I want to be better etc I need to begin at the basics and begin to build myself with Charity. I love Charity and I want it so bad so I am going to work hard for it. I love the chapter in 1 Corinthians 13 that talks all about Charity and the power of it and also in Moroni 7:45 it talks about how like Charity is kind etc all those things. If we want to have Charity then we need to be kind, we need to not be jeleous, not have a temper, be patient, give service, etc. I loved disecting the scripture and just looking at it that way and really trying to see well what to I need to do to get Charity. Its going to be a great experiment and I am excited! Because I have been studying the life of Christ I have really come to see His Charity and his Perfect example for us. Something I really loved that I learned in Jesus the Christ is that Christ had human passions and temptation etc this we know but the cool thing is that he could control his passions because he had complete control over his body through his spirit and this is also why it says they think he was never sick. Because His body didnt rule His spirit. I was thinking about that and how we always are letting our body overrule our spirit. Its like experience when Christ fasted for 40 days and after Satan comes to tempt. him and is like saying all these things and I love it Jesus The Christ says that Christ doesnt even give himself a moment to entertain the temptation or to think about it. He imediately says in essence. Get thee hence Satan. I was thinking about how often we dont do this. We go through this mental thought process of oh well this movie isnt that bad it only has one or two swears or only one bad scene or this song isnt that bad. Or oh I had a really late night last night and I need my sleep to be healthy so I am going to skip church, or oh I will read my scruptures later or I was really busy today and didnt have time to pray or read my scriptures or go to the temple etc. How silly are we! No wonder Satan has such control over the hearts of men. We invite Him!! We have to just immediately say get thee hence satan etc so that we can too better control our carnal selves with the pure power of our spirit. I love it. I was also talking with Hermana Richins and we were just talking about a lot of things but she told me once she heard from someone that Satan knows us so well. We have to sleep because we are human but he never sleeps. He is always studying us he knows our weaknesses. For instance for me Satan knows that I feel guilty so easy and that I dont have a ton of self confidence that I doubt myself and my ability sometimes to receive revelation etc. He uses these to get us discouraged etc. Anyways I feel like this email was way tooooo long!!! So I am going to end it. I think I am going to get surgery this week both my feet! AHHHHHH hahaha. So its going to be great. Dr. Hollingsworth things the reason I am having pain is because my tendon is getting caught on the screws that are coming out...so I am kinda just excited to get them out to be honest! Anyways I hope you are all doing well! I am really excited to work this week!! I am free from the Pench!!!! Hurray!! Anyways I love you all!!!
Hermana Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment