Monday, August 1, 2011

Wow this week has been awesome!! I have been able to see some really great things! We were able to set a baptismal date with one of our investigators and hopefully get him baptized here in the next 2 weeks if his dad allows it so prayers are always welcome! Other than that we have been able to visit a lady who is really experiencing alot of trials and problems in her life, things like marriage issues, finding work, getting a drivers license, just really struggling emotionally as well as physically. We were able to share with her a scripture in the Book of Mormon that I came across as I was reading the other morning that I love so much!! 1 Nephi 17:41 "And he did straiten them in the wilderness with his rod; for they ahardened their hearts, even as ye have; and the Lord straitened them because of their iniquity. He sent fiery flying bserpents among them; and after they were bitten he prepared a way that they might be chealed; and the labor which they had to perform was to look; and because of thedsimpleness of the way, or the easiness of it, there were many who perished.
Wow something as simple as looking and they wouldn't do it. Isn't it the same today? We promised her in the name of Jesus Christ that if she would honestly and sincerely search the scriptures (particularily the Book of Mormon,) then she would see a dramatic change in her life and see many of the frustration, sorrow, confusion in her life go away. We promised her that if she did something as simple as reading everyday for as little as 30 minutes then the blessing of the Lord would come down from heaven. I know it seems really wierd that a book could do that right? But isn't it the same for the people in Moses' day? Something as simply as looking up to the serpent on the stick that moses raised would heal them of a deadly sickness.  I dunno, that sounds pretty awesome to me. I love the Book of Mormon. It has changed everything about who I am. I am becoming more of who the Savior wants me to become as I read and apply what it teaches.
Funny news. Yesterday we talked to a drunk guy again and that is always fun and they jsut really dont know whats going on and try to speak to us in english hahaha. Its still super hot here! Yesterday or 2 days ago I think it was 9 30 and we were just getting out of the car to go inside and it was 90 degrees still hahaha so aweomse. I love it. Anyways. Thanks for the birthday wishes Im excited to get some mail. haha
Love ya!
Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment