Monday, July 11, 2011

So I am in Godoy Cruz Centro with my new companion Hermana Astorga! She is from Chile and speaks no English! So this will be great for me! I live with Hermana Richins from my first area and Hermana Gutierrez again!!! WOOOOOT! I missed her a ton and I am so excited to live with her again! So this week was crazy! Leaving my old area was sad and hard I will really miss the members and the people there! Hermana Bedke is going to great and I found out that my old companion from the MTC Hermana Crapse is going to be her new companion!! So thats cool! I got to talk to her a little bit and she is doing great! I am happy for her! I also got to talk to my old trainer a little bit too! Hermana Pelton! So weird!! Anyways so this week here in Godoy Cruz Centro has been so weird! We have such a nice pench the nicest in the mission and we are so close to the offices. We go to church in the chapel by the offices so there ya go! So we have a new Mission President now! President Avila! He is from Buenos Aires and was a 70 but they released him last conference! He is seriously sooo good! He and his family! So he spoke to us and taught us about love and how our purpose here in the mission is not just to baptize but to help these people get to the temple and we do that by really helping them be converted! I was just eating up every word he was saying it was seriously sooo good! He taught us out of the bible and I cant remember the first chapter he used but the second part he used was in Acts chapter 3 and he talked about the 1st 7 verses and about how this man who couldnt walk is like our investigators. We have to tell them to listen to them and help them understand and then when we extend out hand we help then us and dont let go till they receive the strength to stand on their own! I seriously loved it! He also talked about how the mission is the closest time we will get to actually feeling what its like to be a God. Gods life is dedicated to the salvation of his children! Moses 1:39 so we here are focused on the same thing just on a smaller much smaller level. Its cool though because he said its like practice! Anyways so I really loved that and my spanish is improving everyday and the next thing I want to work on is getting a better accent and really spiritually purifying myself. That is my goal with my companion this transfer. She has her last transfer next transfer as well as Hermana Gutierrez and Richins so I am the youngest in the pench and you def. can feel that. They are all tired. So I try to bring some of my energy....Anyways me and my companion are doing a 40 day fast where we fast from the things that are keeping us from the spirit and Christ. We got a paper that explains it all to us last time we had conferences and I seriously loved it so thats my goal this transfer! I had kinda a hard day today and I know that I really need to love of God....the Atonement to help me again... Thank goodness for the atonement and the blessing we have to receive that strength comfort and help always when we humble ourselves and go to God......Anyways I hope this week is a little better. The people here are really really cold and dont want to talk to us like opposite of San Juan but I am here for a reason with my Hermana Astorga so we are going to work hard and walk God create miracles! I am glad to hear Scott is Senior Companion! That will help him grow up a ton in the mission! Seriously when you have to lead you really feel that strength of the Lord helping you everyday and really grow as a person and missionary it will help his Spanish too! Well I think thats about it for this week! I love you all and hope your doing well! Talk to you next week!!
Love, Hermana Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment