Friday, July 22, 2011


So this week has been an interesting one to say the least. We have been working hard and trying to have success. We have had some weird weather thats for sure hot and then really cold. They have a wind here that is called Zonda and its really similar to a chinook. Really hot and then the next day is really really cold. Anyways so its the American Cup down here right now between all of the South American countries so there are lots of tourists. My comp is from Chile and Hermana Gutierrez is from Peru but grew up in Buenos Aires and we have members from venezuela so we have all sorts of rivalry (plus all the elders) So Argentina played the other night and litterally NO ONE was in the streets. SSSOOOO hard. But thats okay. It will be better when its over. So yes my foot. What a pain. Litterally. I have been having like the really sharp pains and hurting where my surgery was and so after email mom and talking with the mission nurse, We have been informed that they need to come out. So I will be having surgery here within the next couple weeks I think. That should be a joy......gross. My mission nurse she is so funny she is like really I could probably do it all I need is like an alen wrench thing and we will just whip those screws right out. So meanwhile I am feeling like I would like to pass out and throw up at the same time. Needless to say we will be having a doctor do it! Thank goodness! So ya. This week we have been just trying to find loads of news to get our teaching pool up and we taught the family from Peru again this week they have a kid and a grandchild that want to be baptized that we have been teaching. They are so great. I love going to their house and teaching them. I love teaching with Hermana Astorga I have learned so much from her already and her teaching style. Thats one cool thing about the mission is we are always learning how to become better teachers. 
So this week I have been studying a ton about Christ about his life and His ministry and His miracles. I love it! I am in love with Jesus The Christ. What an incredible book. I just want to sit and read it all day. But that just doesnt happen. So one really cool thing this last week or so has been that sometimes as a missionary you just dont want to go out and work or when you are out working its hard your tired or your just ahh. So this week I have just loved going out to teach! Like when we are in the streets and knocking doors I just get this energy when we teach someone and testify. The spirit has really been helping me get excited about the work and I am so greatful for that! I need it so much! Its funny sometimes I feel like my spirit and my body are having a tug of war every day. My spirit wants to go out and work and feel that strength and my physicalness (I am pretty sure thats not a word but whatevs) wants to rest or sleep or just not work as hard. But I love the talk by Elder Oaks in General Conference. I know I have already written a letter home about this but its so trye. Our desires dictate our actions. We just need to overcome the natural man and do what God wants us to do. I also loved it I had a great lesson in church on Sunday about the Word of Wisdom but in the sense that we need to have a balance in all of our lives. We need to balance all things. I have really been trying to do that this week and these next few weeks that will be my goal. I was reading in the Ensign and read some things about Geneology and got really excited! I dunno why but I think I am going to need to work a lot more in geneology when I get home. In English and in Spanish! I am glad to hear Scott is doing better with his bowels and I hope you are all working hard and always looking for opotunities to serve those around you and to be better. I really miss the Temple and I wish I could go. I feel so blessed to have grown up around a temple so close and it makes me so sad to think I could have taken advantage of it so much more. The people here have to travel to Chile to go to the Temple. Its the closest and they usually stay for the whole weekend and go to all the sessions. Its so cool. I really want to go a lot when I get back from my mission and really continue my missionary service through Temple work. It is just as vital to help those people on the other side of the veil as it is on this side. 

Anyways I love you a ton and thanks for your prayers and support. I feel it trust me!

Always,
 Hermana Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment