Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I am so sorry to hear about baby Ethan....That is so crazy!! I will keep him in my prayers. This week has been really great and really hard as well. We started off the week really strong with some great success and tapered off later in the week. That is the way it goes here. Since we have been whitewashing this area its been tough. We don´t have anyone progressing because no one is coming to church. Also our investigator Ana fell through and we haven´t been able to see her or get a hold of her for a little while now. So that is kinda a bummer but we are trying to stay positive. We had an apt. this week with these two women who are great I love teaching them. We have been able to see them twice now but we will see. They just have to come to church....story of the mission right? It was so funny we were walking down the street this one day and we were just knocking doors and we always get men cat calling us here, but this one man drove by on a bike and we get ppl  trying to talk to us in english all the time. So I hear this ¨Hey , hello how are you!¨ This is in english with a spanish accent. Yep two words came into my mind right then.....Nacho Libre. hahahaha. I loved it!!!! Oh it was so funny lasy week we were at a lunch apt. and this little boy asked his mom...¨Mom where do eggs come from? she was like....¨Well......the chicken has a lot of strength and then.....an egg......¨hahahahaha. I dunno if I told you that one last week but I crack up over it all the time now. We had lunch with a member this week and she was so awesome. First off she fed us pasta with meat and tomato sauce. She grabbed our plates and started serving us and my eyes got bigger with every scoop of past she put on my plate like 7 scoops later and then lets just add like 5 scoops of meat sauce and then half a block of cheese! I somehow ate it all and all I could think was just hold on till you leave you can barf in the asequia!!! Well needless to say I didn´t barf but I sure felt like I was going to. The meat here they cook with a lot of the fatty cuts so it was really crunchy with fat......yummy.....but hey I ate right!? Right. She really is awesome though, She was like I want to be sealed to my children and my family so bad! Her husband isn´t married.....I really felt for her. So we are working with her husband right now. Cross your fingers. I just wish people could see how important the gospel is to their salvation. Its like you go to the doctor and they tell you what to do to be saved if your dying and you are just like oh sorry I am just to busy or sorry I am taking vitamin C already or whatever the excuse is! This gospel litterally saves people!! I just wish I could help people see that but unfortunately I cannot speak this language very well so I just have to testify and let the spirit teach them.....its  frustrating. So we were doing our abrir la boca the other night and we talk to this man and I was like Hi we are missionaries from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints, and he is just like no no no I don´t need religion. I walk with God......I am a prophet. So thanks and good luck. Now the best part of the story is that he was wearing like pink hippie pants and a pink head scarf with Beetles glasses.....oh it was priceless!! So in our ward we have this thing that we do and its called the 15 family something. And what it is, is the Relief Society and the Preist Quorum, and the High Priest I think each give 5 families that are less active and the missionaries go and work with them! It´s a great idea! So this week we have a Book of Mormon activity. We went around and are recording a bunch of our members testimonies about the Book of Mormon, then we are having all the member invite people to it on Friday we are having a member help us put it together into a movie and with the clip at General Conference with Elder Holland testifying about it. So it should be like an hour long activity we are really excited about it!  So we talk to the second counselor the the bishop on Friday and he is like oh by the way you are both speaking on Sunday about missionary work for 10 minutes each! I was like what!!!!  I can´t even barely teach part of a lesson!!!! Are you crazy!!! Well apparently they are crazy!!! So ya.....We spoke yesterday about missionary work. I spoke just under 10 minutes.....it was...good experience hahaha. So ya my biggest stress has been the language and well be for a while so ya. So today for P day we went to a military museum. It was pretty cool! Then we went out to lunch and just talked. It was the first time I have felt like a just one of the girls in what seems like a long time....haha. But next monday we have the sweetest thing planned we are going to go 5hrs. away and go to this cave and go through it. It called the cave of the witches I think. I am really excited!! We were going to go today but we wanted to plan it out better. So next week expect some epic pictures!  This is my last week with Hermana Pelton!!! What am I going to do without her!!! AHHH time has flown by and its time for transfers next week! I can´t belive it! Time is just so different here on the mission! I hit my 1 month mark in Argentina on the 17th!! And 3 months on the mission!! So we celebrated and made french toast with this tasty orange bread we found at the store and homemade syrup! It was sooo good. Other than that its been just another week in the mission! Next week will be good I have a good feeling!!! Thats all I can think of for this week! Oh ya we have this Kiosko man we always go see. His name is Clive and he learned English here but he learned it with an English accent! It is soooo funny! So its like a little taste of home for me!! Last all!

Beso!

Hna. Anderson







No comments:

Post a Comment