Monday, December 5, 2011

Hello brethren and sisters of the Anderson household. and friends.
As you can tell obviously this email will be alot more laid back then usual. For two reasons. One. I laugh when I email like this and I know you do too. Two. I feel happy today :)
First. I wanna give a shout out to my most frequent writer and oldest brother steve. I just wanna take this opportunity at the start of this Christmas season to wish you a Happy Noel.
Second I want to second that call to the rest of you by wishing you all a Happy Noel. For those of you who dont understand what that means I encourage you to ask my brother and he will give you a explanation far greater than any I could summon of myself.
 Ok ok I cant take myself seriously at all. This week has been pretty sweet! We have been able to visit a part-member familly and really develop a good relationship with them. Things like that are so crucial in missionary work. If families or people in general dont feel that trust or if they feel like you are way too serious and whatnot they have a hard time opening up to you. I have learned so much about peoples lives, and from their experiences I have learned alot about my own life that I didnt' recognize before. When two people can come together and feel trust between them and feel like they are helping and being helped, miracles happen. on the other hand when someone feels like they are just being told what to do all the time and dont fee like they have anythign to give, they just shut down and really dont wanna change or even be around that person that is telling them to change. For example. Who wants two 19-21 year olds to show up at their front door and tell them that they have a message about eternal families and living day prophets that can bless their lives because they have seen the blessings in their own lives, but when they teach they are just saying you need to do this and you have to give up this and then get mad when they dont come to chruch or keep any of the commitments that we invite them to keep? Wow that was a huge run on sentance.. But the point of the matter is, is when two people can come together and share life experiences and see the hope for themselves because of how someone else has changed, and that person believes in them and is going to be there to help them find that same happiness, that is when lives change, that is when happiness is found. Anyways. I love being out here so much. there is seriously no greater joy than losing yourself in the work to help others find happniness. when you put others happiness and priorities before yours, (with exceptions obviously) you find that when those you care about are happy that you will always be happy. Look at the saviors example. Especially in this season of Christmas. Lets try to give a little more and do a little more for those who cant give and do for themselves.
Love you all!
E. Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment