Monday, November 28, 2011

Hey fam,
This week has been really wierd. Since it was American Thanksgiving pretty much things went from being pretty busy to super slow because no one wants to listen to us and everyone was getting ready for the partys and whatnot. Then after Thanksgiving everyone was wasted and just sleeping for forever so it was pretty wierd. hahaha For example we were out knocking in some complexes at 4 30 and people were like you woke me up and whatnot. Such a waste of time to sleep that long. hahahaha So yeah that was super cool!
But we still had a ton of fun. We went bowling and spent the day with alot of the members since we weren't aloud to go out and teach that day. I think hispanics know how to party the best hahaha we did a Kareokee thing and it was super fun and then the next day there was a wedding and it was so ridiculously fun! hahaha for instance the have some cool traditions they do at the weddings like when the bride and groom are dancing people come and pin money on them to dance with them and so they have dollar bills pinned all over the suit or the dress and then when someone else pins money you let them dance with them. I dont know if that makes sense but you only dance for like 10 to 15 seconds and then someone else switches with you after they pin on money. hahaha then they do this cool thing where the bride and groom stand on two seperate chairs and they have body guards holding their legs guys holding the groom and girls holding the bride, then they play this music and all the guys make a huge train and run around them and the guys try to knock the groom off the chair and the body guards have to hold him there hahahaha. Then after they knock him down the girls do the same ahhahaa it sounds intense because it is. Its super fun too hahahaha. I have videos so I will show you when I come home hahaha. Then they throw the groom up in the air and we threw this guy like 5 feet above us hahahaha like 10 times haahha. I LOVE THIS CULTURE. Maybe becca knows what I am talking about.
We had a really cool experience this week though. We had to stop at Walmart for something so we went in and after we finished I was like hey I need some cough drops since my throat was being dumb this week. So we start going over and I was like oh hey I wanna check out the books really quick so we go over and I saw the 4th book of the series of Eragon and I was like no way!!! Since I read the 3 before the mission and this one just came out. So I pick one of the 15 or so there and kinda look at it in my hands and then flip through the pages and I find this note in there. It was a note from a man that needed desperate help and just was asking for anyone to help him and give him a chance to get back on his feet since he lost his job and will lose his home this week. (Thats what the letter said.) Anyways it was just really cool because I know that we as missionaries and representatives for the Lord were definatly guided to find that note. We were walking out and I randomly thought to get coughdrops and then randomly decided to go over to the books hahaha they aren't even close by eachother. It was a cool experience so I am excited to see what happens with this guy. His name is Chris so if you wanna pray for him that would be cool. I haven't met him yet or talked to him but I gave it to the English elders since we teach the spanish people. Maybe while I am on exchanges with them this week I will be able to meet him. The Lord definatly directs us. Its super cool. I am seriously learning so much out here and having the most spiritual experiences ever. I think its so cool that God cares enough about us to let us experience them. But we just have to look for them and recognize them.
Love you all!
E. Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment