Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Hola Familia!
Pues hoy quiero escribirles solamente en espanol. Yo no se porque, solo quiero hacerlo. Tal vez ustedes puedan entender. Si puedan, cuentame. hahahahaha
Well I decided that I should be nice and let you understand what I am saying. So this week we had some cool things happen. We knocked on doors alot this week trying to find someone that would want to listen to us but we had no luck. It was cool though. I think its hilarious when people answer the doors and just all the reactions I get. Usually people just are like no thanks I have my Jesus and I know him very well and pretty much wont let you talk at all so we would be like ok. Well have an awesome day and can we give you this card? hahaha My favorite is when we give our door approach and ask if we can share the message and then they are like ok. hahaha not that its bad but when they just dont invite us in and sometimes we are shocked they said yes because we had the past 20 say no we are like uhh..  what do we do. hahaha no its super fun though and we were able to share our message a few times this week to people who spoke english so that was cool. We gave them over to the english missionaries though so we will have to see what happens. I remember this particular door though that as soon as I knocked on it I knew I shouldn't have and so we were about to leave and this lady opened up the door and just said some stuff and it was ridiculous. It just really makes me laugh sometimes the way people act. It was a good experience overall because I learned a little bit more about how to follow the spirit. The spirit wont lead us to those people if we are following it exactly and trying to discern it. Another one was when we went to this lady who is a less active and we were just talking to her and this guy was there. So after we opened with a prayer and we started to share the part in the Book of Mormon where Jesus comes to the Americas and institutes the sacrament, unfortunatly she had to help a customer that came to her house because she sells perfume and stuff like that and while she was doing so this guy totally tried to start bashing with us. It was so ridiculous. He was like oh dont you guys ever share anything from the Bible, do you even use the bible? It was super funny because we had just shared stuff from the Bible and the house before and we were like yeah and I pulled mine out and I was like yeah of course see I have it right here. Then he was trying to say stuff about the book of mormon and we were just like the reason we use both is because they both testify of Jesus Christ and contain his gospel and he was like no they dont. They dont teach the same things. I wont go into the whole thing but pretty much all throughout the lesson he kept trying to bring stuff up about our religion and it was just ridiculous. I dont understand how people cant accept that the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ. It drives me crazy. No one and I mean no one can read the Book of Mormon and not gain a testimony of him. He talks about him everywhere! I think its just silly that people who haven't read it or done an honest effort to actually see for themselves what it says try to say that it says one thing when it doesn't. Thats one thing I have learned on my mission is I can't use opinion as fact. hahaha Its sad because alot of people miss out on great opportunities, like reading the Book of Mormon just because they are stubborn and wont see for themselves what it contains. If I want to talk about the Bible I obviously have to read it. It I want to be able to talk about anything I have to study it. anyways. this is getting ridiculously long and I dont like writing alot hahaha Basically what I am saying is I love you guys. Your the best. I know this email kinda wasn't the best but I still have 11 months left to write more.
Love ya!
E. Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment