Monday, November 21, 2011

So whats up?
Cool. So this week I was sick at the beginning of the week and my comp E. Celis was sick at the end of the week and we are both fighting a stuffy nose and kinda sore throats. hahaha TOO AWESOME EH!? Anyways. thats pretty much the coolest thing that happened this week. JKS!! This past weekend. Friday, Saturday and Yesterday, Gladys Knight came to town and by town I mean ATLANTA!!! It was super cool! She is actually a member of the Church and was raised right here in Atlanta! So we had a fireside where she came and performed for members, non-members and whoever else wanted to come to the church to listen. Basically what it was is her and her choir sang songs and performed for us, and her husband and her bore their testimony about how they came to find the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and how they know it is the true church! So I went yesterday night with some of the people we are teaching and I am expecting to hear some of the hymns we sing but NO! We rocked out hard core in the chapel and gym to some southern baptist music! It was so sweet!!! They also told us that 53% of our hymns in the hymn book were actually written by other denominations. Cool fact eh? Anways it was really really cool and there were people standing clapping and waving and praising the Lord. After that experience I kinda thought I was black, but a quick glance to my hands told me otherwise.. I think I am on the inside anyways. hahah So it was really cool to hear her testimony about the restored gospel and overall I think it was a really great experience. They told everyone things about the Book of Mormon like how it is not an adversary to the Bible but rather a companion. It is simple and clear. It is another Testament of Jesus Christ. Read it. Its the only way to find out for yourself. Thats just one example of the things they said. It was really cool. So pretty much that was the coolest thing ever. Thats about it for my week here. Its getting colder and foggy. I love you all!! Keep being cool.
Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment