Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Hey Family!

So this week has been interesting. We have been working hard hard hard to try and get our investigators progressing....which means they come to church....its soooo hard to do here!! But we are trying everything. So we passed this week for one of our investigators and his mom came out and was like look stop coming over he is a different religion and our whole family is a different religion and we dont need you filling his head with stupid ideas......then she turned around and walked away!! We just stood there stunned not really sure what to do or say and we left with a feeling of sadness......there family doesnt even have good standard and he is the only one in the family that is trying to be good! Its so sad that his mom wont let him make his own decisions and we just felt so down.....but thats okay we pushed on and had some miracles this week. So last week H. Wilde and I set some fun goals to do this week to shake things up a bit. We were sick of the same old same old. So we decided to dedicate one of our mornings to do service. So we left in our P-Day clothes and brooms and went out all morning looking for old ladies or people sweeping their sidewalks..and we found some! So it was really cool! We helped one woman who had a really bad vision of the church change her view and also another girl we taught and we are going to keep teaching her. So it was fun and succesful! Just one great reason why I love H. Wilde is that we both just want to work and have fun! So its so much easier. So we were trying to look for some part member families and we found this one woman that I think I told you about last week how we taught her three kids and they love us now.....ya well its sweet becuase we planned this big FHE with them on Saturday (the kids) and the other Hermanas and their investigators that share the pench with us. So we met up in the stake center and played Futbol!! It was sooo fun and the girls loooooooved it their brother couldnt come but the girls love it so much! We had a lot of fun too. As we took them back to their house they were like mom guess what! We are coming to church with you tommorow!! We just were smiling so big and the mom was like ya if I wake up! We wanted to just scream with frustration! The mom is always saying the kids have their religion because they go to a religious school! So we are so confused because she should be wanted her children to get baptized and have the same blessings!! So anyways one of the daughters came to church which was a total miracle and there was this member that came up to her and was like oh is this your daughter!! She was like ya she is just visiting. and the other member was like oh great she should visit every week! And the mom was like well she has her religion! I was like oh my word calm down Hermana Anderson!! So frustrating sometimes! But we are going to go and talk with the mom and ask her what exactly she wants.....cause we dont know. Anyways we also passed for this family that the Hermanas have been trying to get a hold of for a long long time and we got in and we taught them and they were really great and they were really nice to us! So thats great cause the Dad is a member but they arent. So we are crossing our fingers for them. I feel like I have so much to work on to be better this week and I am trying really hard. I am always happy with Hermana Wilde and its just so fun we just laugh all day in the streets and have fun. I love it! It makes the work so much easier. So last night for some Pre P Day eve fun we were in the pench and H. Thatcher comes into our room with her shorts on and a bandana around her head and is like its time for ping pong war!! We just started laughing and kicked her out and changed into our gangster get up to beat them at ping pong. She has a little kit so we set it up on our table and it was way fun. Also something way funny is we have an elder in our district who is from North Carolina and has a wicked thick southern accent and so every night when the District leader calls to verify his comp the southern elder gives us a red neck quote of the day. I love it its sooo funny. So we have a good time thats for sure. So we also taught this lady this week who believes in reincarnation and she believes that John the baptist was the reincarnation version of Elias the prophet......I was like no no no cause I had just been studying about that in Jesus the Christ and I felt this heat rise in my chest and I felt anger come up in me cause she was like no you dont know but I just felt distinctly the impression to keep my mouth shut and it was sooooo hard but I did it and didnt say anything and just let H. Wilde testify and continue to teach and then I testified at the end and the spirit was there. I know that if I hadn´t listened maybe we wouldnt have been able to help her feel the spirit....so I am glad that I listened to the spirit and didnt try to fight with her. Oh my word I have never been soooooo sore than I was after that futbol game with the chicos every part of me hurt and I was like NOOOOOOOO I am getting so old!! I remember when I was a kid and could play for hours and hours and never get tired.....but alas I am not a kid anymore and am not in great shape but I am trying to be doing better and H. Wilde and I have been running mornings and been trying to eat healthier hahahah and its just so hard..but whatever. 
So I have a BIG Enormous THANK YOU to shout out to MOM and Hilary and whoever else had a part in the lovely package I just recieved! I am so blessed to have such an awesome family who spoils me!! I loved it all!!!! Especially the Joseph Smith movie the long version. That is like GOLD here and I have already put it to good use so dont worry! I love that movie every time I watch it my testimony grows stronger. Anyways thats about it for me from this end we have lots to do this week and I am really praying we have success!!! 
LOVE YOU!!
H. Anderson
P.S. So here is the bad news for this week......my foot has not been healing right.....my right foot the cut still isnt closed on top and the stiches arent dissolving however the skeleton grow stuff is sweet mom I felt like Harry Potter when I saw the bottle and just started laughing so hard! Anyways I called the nurse and she talked to Dr. Hollingsworth and he said after looking at some pics of my feet I took that I need another surgery. They are going to go in cause he thinks there might be a little infection deep down from when they put in the stiches so I have to go to Mendoza Friday and they have to open it up all over again and clean it out sooooooo I am sooooooooo not excited for this to happen again. So I will have stiches again I guess and another lovely healing process.......I need prayers......I am going to try to work as much as I can after but I will be careful and take care of my foot so dont worry mom. Anywyas so thats my life here in the mission always trying to heal from something blah!!! Anywyas love ya!!



No comments:

Post a Comment