Monday, September 12, 2011

Hey!

Hey Family! This week was pretty good! I will get the good news out of the way first. I didn't have to get the surgery!! The doctor told me to do some other things for my foot instead and he said the stitches would dissolve in like 30 more days that are inside my foot. So its a little weird because doctor Hollingsworth told me I needed to get them out but the doctor told me no....so we will see. I am going to wait another month and see how they look and feel and go from there. This week was a little tough we had to drop some investigators but we found some new ones so that was good. We are still working with our one investigator that has problems with smoking and this week I took one of her packs from her and H. Wilde and I were just like no you cannot smoke another one you have one week until your date to be baptized so you have to stop now! She was like chicas this is the last 5 I promise.  We are so frustrated because she just doesn't understand she says she wants to quit so bad and that she prays while she is smoking asking for forgiveness and everything but she just thinks that God is going to come and take the cigarette out of her hand or something because she keeps saying chicas you don't understand me and its so hard etc etc. She doesn't really want to quit I think because she really isn't doing everything she can to quit. So we decided this week if she smokes again and is still making excuses we are going to tell her we cant come by anymore to see how she does with that. She seriously loves us so much and we don't know if she really understands our purpose of being there that maybe she doesn't really understand our purpose here as missionaries. So we are going to pray about that and see if that's what God wants us to do. We also talked to the young girls we have been teaching that are the daughters of the member and we taught them about Joseph Smith and showed them the Restoration movie..we think they enjoyed it and felt the spirit its just so hard because they go to a catholic school and all their friends are catholic etc.....so its very different than what we have and they are young and our ward is so small and there is like 1 young woman and so there really isn't a great support there......so we will see what is going to happen. We have a lesson set up with them tonight so we are going to go and try to see them. We also taught this old man that lived in the states for a while and this is about our third visit to see him.....well we walked in and he was dancing all over to his music on the radio and we were like hmmmmm okay......and then he proceeded to speak to us in broken English and Spanish....we finally came to the conclusion that he was drunk....he has his wine bottle open sitting on the table and he was drunk....so we wrapped that lesson up really quick and told him we would come back another time.....he really is struggling and unfortunately he is going to things that will not bring peace or comfort but do just the opposite and leave him feeling even  more sad and empty...what a blessing it is to have the gospel in our lives and to be blessed to know  that we have a loving heavenly father always a prayer away.....
So when we went to Mendoza this last Friday for my ¨surgery¨ (which is a 3 and a half hour bus ride) Hna. Wilde and I decided that we would never need a movie or music to entertain us if we went on a road trip or lived together....why?? Because we are both crazy and we just had so much fun together....hahaha. So it was good. It was good we had some really great talks and I feel like we know each other sooo well. She told me about her past and about her experiences and man is she incredible. I have so much respect for her and she is such an example for me as a missionary and a person. She has helped me so much this transfer and I know God put us together for a reason I haven't been sad one day here we are always happy and laughing. It has really shown me that we really can affect our mood. We choose. Our agency is more powerful than we give it credit. So many times in life we blame other people for our frustration or bad days or whatever it may be, when really it is us that decide to be happy, offended or sad. I have really felt that here. Dealing with all sorts of people, getting doors slammed in our faces, getting rejected every day, being received great and then passing again to be rejected is so hard but this transfer I really haven´t let that affect my mood. H. Wilde taught me that. I choose my happiness I choose my mood. So the next time someone does something mean or rude or is taking too long or doesn't do something the way you would do it......look at it in a different way and remember you choose your happiness. Don't give your agency away to other people because that is exactly what Satan wants...
Anyways I am looking forward this week we have interviews and I am excited to talk with President he is such a great man and the spirit is so strong with him..I have a lot of questions for him so it will be great. The mission just seems to be slipped under my feet. I cant believe I am hitting my 10 month mark here this Saturday.....I don't know what I feel anymore. I just feel like this has been my life for so long and I am so happy here. I love the opportunity to meet and know so many different people from so many different backgrounds....I have met some of my best friends here on the mission and I still have so much time left to go....God has blessed me so much and I feel so grateful!
I love you all. Thank you so much for your support and prayers I feel it everyday..trust me.
All my love.
Hermana Anderson



No comments:

Post a Comment