Monday, September 26, 2011

Hey!
So this week has been kinda wierd.. Yesterday we went to a dinner appointment and we ate chicken hearts with rice and beans.. Kinda wierd.. They were the size of grapes and kinda had a wierd textures but suprisingly I was able to swallow them without throwing up! :) Other interesting things this week was the other night when I was trying to fall asleep we heard some yelling and fighting outside our window and so we looked out a 2 or 3 guys were like fighting super bad and this girl was like yelling NO NO NO!! It was super wierd. My first instict was to go out there and be like he what is going on here.. Then my intelect kicked in and I realized I would probably get owned since they were realy strong.. hahaha so i just watched through the blinds and then went to sleep after they left. I also lost my USB drive that had all my pictures from the start of my mission up until now so that really sucks. Oh before I forget. Happy birthday steve. l know it was last week but i couldnt' get online to say happy birthday! Also Kori too! :)
Other cool things this week, we went to a party for this member the other day and they had a pinyata? how do you spell that? Anyways everyone takes turns as they sing this song and try to hit it and when it was my turn for the second time I destroyed it. I felt like a true hispanic. I knew you would all be proud of me. So what I am really saying with all of that is when I come home we are having them at every birthday party! :)  I think I have realized why I dont talk about my investigators as much and its simply because I dont usually say that much in the lessons. I know whats going on and whatnot but my spanish is really no where where I want it to be and its super frustrating sometimes when my companion is perfect in the language because he is from mexico. Its awesome but I just need to stop comparing myself because I feel like my spanish is terrible but in reality its not. I just need to practice more. So hopefully by next week I will have more to say about that. I am super excited about General Conference though. I seriously cannot wait. As a missionary its so much more meaningful!! anyways I am learning a ton of patience and humility out here and pretty much every other Christlike attribute and its super hard but super aweosme at the same time. Like working out you hate it when it hurts but you love seeing how big your muscles get.
P.S. I am pretty sure I can beat up any of the brothers in our family.


Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment