Monday, August 29, 2011

Hey Family

So this week has been interesting and awesome! So first of lets talk about our investigator that is smoking.......well she still hasn´t quit. But she really is doing great. From smoking 1 to 2 packs a day to smoking 1 or 2 cigarettes a day that is a miracle. But we had a great lesson with her the other day in the capilla and we taught her about Joseph Smith again and watched the first vision. She loved it and we put a fetcha with her right after. For this weeked. We asked her is she believes Joseph Smith was a prophet and she said yes and if she believes this is the True church and she said yes again. We were so excited. So she was excited but of course Satan knows these things so we passed for her the next day and she had smoked 4 that morning!! We were so frustrated but we have to help her so we went over and explained that Satan wants her to fail and that she need to be strong. She sometimes doesnt understand we wanted to take her last 6 cigarettes from her but she was like well I will just go and buy more then we were like NO THATS THE POINT YOU ARE QUITING!! ahhh!!!! So frustrating sometimes but its okay. We fasted for her and are praying and are trying to do everything we can do to help her. I really hope she can drop it this week so she can be baptized pronto! So other news from this week.....the other Hermanas are great and we decided to play a little prank on them so we stole all of their food out of the cuboard and hid it all around the pench and put a note in the cupboard that said the furbies ate it all and we took a pic of ourselves eating some of H. Thatchers chocolate on her camera and put a note on it so she would look at it. They loved it and then they got us back by that night by hiding H. Danas alarm clock in my cardigan in my closet and set it for 3 in the morning. So H. Wilde and I are alseep and the alarm goes off and I was like oh okay so I turn off my alarm thinking its mine and then she does hers too but its not either of ours. I was like wide awake and ready to start getting ready for the day it was so funny. So I stumble over to the light and flip it on and am digging through the closet trying to find this alarm clock and I couldn´t find it for the life of me! The sound was so loud in such a closed space that I couldnt find exactly where it was. So I am frantically looking in Hna. Wildes boots in the drawers for like 5 minutes and then finally I just give up sit down and say I can´t.......I just can´t find it......in this distraught voice. H. Wilde is laughing and then comes over and finds it in my cardigan. Then we couldnt get back to sleep because we were just laughing so hard. This explains our relationship perfectly. We laugh allllllll day. About pretty much everything. She is like my other half. So we compliment eachother really well which rocks because we have the same grea drive and goals for the work and we are already seeing a change in the work. So ya we have been having lots of fun and have much more to come. We were going to visit some part member families this week and we found one yesterday and we taught the 3 kids. The mom is a member the dad is orthodox and the kids are catholic...they go to a catholic school. So we had a great idea to do a family home evening with them and teach them how to cook like brownies or cinnamon buns or something and also we are planning an activity with the other hermanas and their investigators to play a big game on futbol one weekend with all the kids and then have a lesson after. We have a good feeling about them and they already love us. The two girls love California and Canada which is me and H. Wilde so its soooooo perfect!! Haha God knew to put us together. I seriously dont think I have ever been this happy for this long and consistantly in my life. I have learned so much about the importance of a positive attitude. When you just are happy all the time and serving someone else you can face anything. I feel satan sometimes try to tempt me to get frustrated or sad or mad or something and imediately I recognize it because I am just always so happy and know that I have no reason not to be. H. Wilde is exactly what I needed at this point in my mission and she feels the same way. I feel so different from before the mission now and I dont think I have lost my temper in a long time! So incredible I know! hahahah. I am a much better version of myself and God is blessing me so much. I cant even begin to think what he will have for me in the next 9 months! I just sometimes sit on my bed thinking and am just overcome with gratitude from what I have learned thus far in the mission. This is the best decision I have ever made in my life and I will never be able to regret it because it is a part of me now forever. So this week we have some great goals and we are going to see some miracles. I will let you know how it all goes!! Pray for us and for this area. We need miracles to help the barrio grow!
I love you all!!!
H. Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment