Tuesday, December 14, 2010


 
Sorry about the short letter last week. My whole letter was deleted! This week has been so crazy! The fast was one of the most intense things I have done ever! We all were about to have nervous breakdowns by the end of the day so we decided to end our fast early. Just imagine your two teachers that speak fluent espanol speaking fast and only in Spanish to you for like 3 hours....ya its bound to get to your head. But it was a really great experience and I am glad we did it. This last Saturday we went to the TRC and did some contacting again and had to go and get an investigator and bring them to church all in Spanish. So Hermana Crapse and I practiced hard and prayed hard and we were able to pick her up bring her to the bus and speak about 95% Spanish to her for like 15 min. Checking up on committments and committing her to read some other scriptures and pray about them. She was really kinda and very interested. Then we made a follow up apt. and went back to see her to teach her the Plan of Salvation in English. We talked to her a lot about the plan and the Atonement and then Baptism as she had some questions and was showing interest in it. Then as we were about to finish up the lesson I just looked into her eyes and said "Will you follow Jesus Christ's example and be Baptized?" She looked at me and after a couple seconds said "Yes!" I was so excited!!!! I was like heck yes!!! haha so we closed up the lesson and went back to class and our teacher was able to comment and give us helpful tips to teach better. It was a really great experience. I was so glad to have had that experience after a hard week. Mom you did send something with me for Scott it was the Candy package thing remember? Yes please send that package with my shoes in it I have been waiting for them! :) As for calling on Christmas we are not able to do that here because there are soooo many missionaries. I will be able to call you from the airport though in January when I leave so don't worry. I am glad you are getting all ready for christmas that sounds really exciting. There is a different spirit of Christmas here at the MTC I haven't really had a lot of time to sit and think about Christmas as our days are very full and scheduled. I send you a lettter with some pics mom. So we have had some amazing speakers the last two weeks. We had Sister Julie B Beck speak so us in a devotional and that was pretty sweet. Then on Sunday for Relief Society (all the sister missionaries are together for this) Sister Christofferson (Elder Christoffersons wife) Spoke to us about the saviors birth and some of the symbolism. That was very cool. Then that same night we had the BYU mens chorus come and sing for like an hour christmas songs! It was sooo awesome! I love them they sang amazing! We are so blessed to have such amazing speakers here. We will see who we get for Christmas here. Its strange it doesn't really seem like Christmas and I am not really getting home sick as I feel more focused on Christ and what the true meaning of Christmas is...bringing others to Christ. Sounds like you will have fun with the grandkids making cookies! Take lots of pictures! I feel as if I have been forgotten a little! I haven't heard from lots of the family in almost a week! hahahaha. I am spoiled! My spanish is slowly improving so keep praying for me. I am going to the temple again today. I think I already told you this I say Pat Beta 2 weeks ago at the temple! It was pretty funny! Other than that the days are long and tiring but good. I have seen Scott more this week and he comes and talks to me about his frustration with the language. I have been praying for him as I know how hard it is when you don't have the lords help. Please keep both of us in your prayers you have no idea how much we need them. Other than that I love it here. The food is getting grosser everyday and I feel sick everytime I eat it. Hilary and David its like at the crossroads where you just want to barf! hahaha. I think of BYU-I every time I eat here. I have seen so many people i know here and its really nice. Say Hi to everyone for me and that I appreciate their support! Love you all!! Adios!
Sister Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment